Ch. 25: Music Room

* LEI's POV *

I was taking Rain to a special place. I knew she would like it. I was going to tell her where, it had to be a surprise - she was even nervous about meeting my other friends. Its true that meeting Meizuo, Ximen and his girlfriend was a little bit awkward. Or at least felt like it. 

That language thing was a real issue. I bet that Xiaoyou felt the same way. If I were Rain I'd be stressing out, but she was somehow finding joy in being in China. She always finds the light in the darkness. She makes sad things happier. 

I called a cab and told the guy the place to go. As we were going to the place, Rain was looking through the window, amazed.

- Shanghai is amazing- she told me. - how did you end up living in London?- she asked me.

- Life's plot twists- I answered.

She smiled and kept on looking around. We arrived at Ming De university. I smiled, paid and got out of the taxi with Rain.

- I studied music here- I told her. - I used to practice in the music room it has. Thats where I want to take you-.

* RAIN's POV *

It was so cute. He was taking me to his university, to his music room. As his student, this had to be an enrichment opportunity. He took my hand and we went into the campus. He took me to the music room. It was so amazing... it was full of light, natural light. The sunlight could go through its big windows.

- I'm speech less- I told him. - you used to practice here?-.

He nodded.

- God, no wonder you are a music god- I said.

He smiled.

- I wanted to tell you something...- he said. - and I wanted it to be here, in this special place-.

It wasn't happening, right?. It couldn't be happening. Was he... confessing? Here?... oh, my god. My heart was about to blast. 

- Would you like to perform, for our friends?- he asked me.

- What?- I said, confused.

I wasn't expecting that. AT ALL. Where was the confession?! Oh, damn it. In the end I would have to do it myself. What if I confessed to him? Would it be too awkward?. It was better to wait... I guess. 'Lei, don't keep me waiting that long' I thought. 

- Yeah- I said. - like a surprise. It is a pretty good idea-.

It was a good idea indeed... but I wasn't quite expecting it. I was expecting something else...

- What song?- I asked.

- Mm... Say Something?- he asked.

- Thats a very sad song... you sure?- I asked. He nodded. 

- It describes their relationship... meaning, before they got married. I like that song, it somehow suits their past- he told me. - she never gave up on him... but sometimes she was tempted to do so. Once... once she almost gave up on him. We were in London, he was forced by his mother to fake a break up. I met her there... she was all sad and still, she went back to him and forgave him-.

Such a cute love story.

- Lets practice, then- I told him.

We practiced for one hour straight. He was playing the violin... he was very (extremely) skillful with it.

- God, it sounds like angels- I told him.

- You know... not everyone gets to listen to me playing the violin. Its only for special people- he told me. I blushed. This is more of what I wanted. - you are special to me, Rain-.

My heart almost burst.

- You are to me too, Lei- I told him. - I'm sorry that I don't play any instruments to make you a song or someth- he interrupted me, kissing me.

I kissed him back. It was a special place... it was indeed. After listening to the violin I needed something like this. Sweet and unique.

* * *

We passed by a restaurant before going back home. We dined there and then went home. 

- God, the day has gone by so quickly- I told him. - its almost morning- I looked at my watch, it was half past five a.m. - when do we see your friends?- I asked.

- Mid-day?- he proposed.

- We can shower and eat some breakfast- I told him. - breakfast meaning coffee-.

He laughed.

- Sure- he said. 

I smiled.