Ch. 10: Out

* RAIN's POV *

I was finally out of that hospital. It had been four days since I had talked to Lei. He had come to visit, but it was a little bit awkward. He was sitting there and I was drugged up - he came when my medicine was administered. I was awake for like two minutes, in which I babbled and talked nonsense.

I walked out of the building feeling free - even though the wound still hurt. My parents were by my sides. They were holding both of my hands. 

Lei was there, outside. He seemed to be waiting for us. He smiled as he saw me, I smiled too. My thoughts about everything (meaning my feelings, Gerard and Lei) were still the same. I had to give it some time. Maybe get him to open up and talk to me about his pain. Maybe we could help each other through our situations. I said I was over Gerard, but he is like a wound to me. A wound that closes and opens up every day. Its triggered always by something.

Specially by memories.

- Mr. Collins, Mrs. Collins- Lei greeted them. - Rain- he looked into my eyes and I accidentally blushed - allow me to take you home-.

They all smiled. I was pushed - thats the right word- by my parents to seat in the, as I like to call it, co-pilot sit. I was right next to Lei. They sat on the sits from behind. They were all the way talking about manners. My parents got out of the car first, I tried to open the door but it was locked.

- You are not going just yet- Lei said.

My parents walked peacefully home. Waving. They were accomplices. Great.

- I have somewhere to take you- he said.

- Don't you even think about us performing now. I can barely stand, be considerate- I said. 

He smiled.

The engine started. It was a quiet drive. I liked the silence. It was not awkward. At ALL.

- Here we are- he said.

It was one of the most expensive restaurants from London. I was surprised by it. It was a big building. It was very well known for its chinese dishes.

- A cultural trip?- I asked.

He frowned.

- You know that the restaurant is well known because of its chinese dishes. Its like a cultural trip- I explained myself.

- More like a date- he said.

God. Did he just say that?. Date?. Oh, god. My heart began to race. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. He helped me out of the car, it really hurt to move that much. I kept on thinking about the sentence and this date. He always knew how to surprise me.

We went into the restaurant and took a seat at his reserved table. I ordered some pasta and he did too. We drank some expensive (and delicious) wine.

He curled some noodles with a fork and got to me. I looked around, it felt awkward. He was giving me food... in front of all this people.

- This is a chinese typical dish. You'll like it- he said.

I took a bite and tried the noodles. They tasted great.

- Gosh- I said. - they are amazing-.

- 我喜欢你 - he said.

He said something in chinese, right?. Something like wo shi o... gani?. What the heck?.

- I just finished the sentence- he said. - but in chinese. It seems to be easier for me to say it in chinese rather than in english-.

I smiled.

- Weren't you so eager to find out?- he asked. - why don't I see some google translator over there?-.

Because I know what it meant. Not because I'm a smart ass who know chinese but because I used my neurons. And I currently don't fucking know what to tell you.

- I do too- I said.

He looked surprised.

- Do you happen to know chi... you figured it out yourself, am I wrong?- he asked.

I smiled and blushed.

- But... heres the thing. I'm heartbroken and you know that. And I'm scared of being heartbroken again because it hurts so much... much more than getting stabbed. I don't love Gerard anymore. But he still is wondering on my mind. I remember the good things and the bad things. More of the bad ones, anyways- I was sad. But this was special. Do not fuck it up, Rain. - I want to give life a second chance. But I'm scared-.

- So am I- he said. - I've been heartbroken. Too many times, might I add. I used to be autistic. My mother was harsh on me and she punished me... the only one for me was Jing. I fell for her but she left me. She changed me. Not for another man... but for another type of life. See, she wasn't born to love. Then I fell for Shancai, who chose Daoming Si. I'm happy for her because she is now married to him and she is happy- he explained. 

That was his pain. Finally coming out.