Ch. 34: Won

* RAIN's POV *

We got out of the room and gathered with everyone else. They were drinking tea and eating fruit - like a breakfast. I sat next to Lei and hoped for Xiaozi not to say a word. You see, I didn't quite know her yet. I didn't know how much of an open mouth she was. 

- Hi- I said, as we sat. - good morning-.

I looked presentable after all. I had had the time to put on some mascara and some BB cream. Also some lipgloss. Yet everyone was staring at me, as if I had something wrong or...

- Whats wrong?- I asked everyone, raising a brow.

- N-nothing- said Xiaozi. They also were staring at Lei, who was beginning to feel a little bit uneasy. She had spilled the beans. Damn it. - let's get to eat!- proposed Xiaozi, as I took a sip of a tea mug.

- God, what is this?- I whispered to Lei, with disgust.

- My favorite tea- he said. - give it to me, I'll drink it. You should drink that one over there... I think you'll like it-.

My savior.

I took the other tea mug and poured on to it some tea that Lei had suggested. It tasted quite great. I wanted to get out of the situation... as soon as possible.

- Should we go soak on the hot springs?- I asked Lei.

- Last time you almost fainted- he said.

He was right. But I'd do anything in order to get out of this horrendously awkward situation. I took Lei's hand and pulled him out of the room.

- I'm sorry- I told him. - they were staring at me and I got nervous- I said. - oh, please tell your friends to get it out of their heads-.

He laughed.

- I think they'll make jokes about this until the day we die- he said. - but I'll tell them so-.

I sighed.

- Anyways, I do want to soak on the hot springs- I said. - I'm hydrated now. I won't faint. I promise-.

He smiled and took me there. Now, I could feel the gorgeousness of the hot springs. I found the fun in them. It was nice to soak on warm water. I stared at Lei, who had his eyes closed. He seemed extremely relaxed. I was so too so I closed my eyes. 

- How cute!- I heard somebody say.

- Hey Lei- I said, with my eyes still closed. - are they telling us to fuck off or are they complimenting us?-.

- They said that we are cute- Lei replied.

I laughed.

- We are indeed, fiancé- I said.

I could almost hear him smile. I tilted my head to find his elbow. I rested my head on it. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I smiled. We were there, soaking for a while. We spoke to each other from time to time, but we preferred to cuddle and soak in silence.

- Hey, guys- we were interrupted by Xiaozi.

- Hi Xiaozi- I said. 

- We were just wondering if you'd like to come shopping with us, Rain- she said.

- Yes, totally. I need to buy a birthday gift- I said.

- Oh, great then. I'll tell Shancai. We're leaving in fifteen. Go change, we'll be at the hotel's entrance- she said.

She got out of the hot springs.

- This is my chance to purchase a gift- I said, excitedly. - if you dare to ask Xiaozi or Shancai about what I bought I'll...-.

- You'll?- he asked.

- I won't give you the birthday gift- I said. - bye, see you later, fiancé-.

I loved to call him fiancé. It sounded so unique. 

- Love you- I waved as I got out of the pool. 

I went to the room and put on some of my casual clothes. I fixed my hair and attempted to blow dry it but it was impossible. I was already running late. I ran to the hotel entrance. I got there almost breathless.

- I... need... to catch up... my breath- I told them. - give me five...-.

I took some deep breaths and then we got out of the hotel. The mall was wonderful. They showed me around. They also pointed out the tea shop were Shancai worked. She told me that now she was cooking and aspiring to be a famous chef someday. I told her I wanted to be like Beyoncé.

- Uuh- I said. - its my time to gift some jewelry-.

I went into a jewelry store and picked out a necklace. It was beautiful. I engraved this words to its back: "We risked. We won". Meaning that both of us had given life a second chance to make us happy, we risked getting hurt but in the end... we won indeed.

I couldn't think of a better gift.