Ch. 4: Start Over

* RAIN's POV *

I could feel the warmth of his touch on my shoulder. I could see that he wanted to help me.

- I'll help you start over- he said. - I'll teach you how to play the piano and you'll get back your career. I promise-.

His look was so angelical. His words were so powerful. I wondered how he knew that my career was destroyed, but then I remembered that he knew that I was a singer in France. And coming home again meant to start over - my career included. I wanted to learn how to play an instrument because it attracts more people. A girl singing a-capela isn't as attractive as a girl playing the piano and singing. I think you know what I mean.

- Thank you- I said.

I wiped off my tears.

- I have to go now, see you tomorrow- he said.

I waved and closed the door after he had gone out. What an intense moment. I sat on my sofa and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up feeling better. My dad was already home and my mom wasn't.

- Mom?- I asked him.

- She is correcting some things in the campus- he explained. - she is coming home later-.

I nodded. I felt like my hair was messy and tangled. I went to the bathroom and gently combed it. I walked to the kitchen and took out my gorgeous meal from the fridge. I asked dad if we wanted some but he told me he had already eaten. I served myself a plate and ate it on my own. I couldn't stop thinking about this chinase guy... Lei... even his name sounded cute. 

I (this is not being racist) never found asian guys sexy. But Lei was different. His face was so angelical, he was a gentleman. He had it all. 

As I ate I couldn't stop thinking about him. He was stuck in my mind. "I'll teach you how to play the piano and you'll get back your career. I promise". God, I'm looking forward to that, Lei.

* LEI's POV *

I went back to the campus because my class was about to start. I felt so damn sorry for this girl. Heartbroken, with no incomes. Poor Rain. Apart that she seemed to be a sweet girl, I was looking forward to get to know her and teach her how to play the piano. 

I would help her get over this. I don't break my promises.

* RAIN's POV *

He'd help me start over - thats what I kept in my mind. After eating I went straight to sleep. Yes, I had taken a really long nap, but jetlag was really messing with my body's natural sleep cycle. I always felt tired.

I covered myself with my blankets. I stared at the ceiling. Then I rolled over. His face was stuck in my mind, the warmth of his touch... I still had a phantom sensation over my shoulder. I hoped that that angelical being could help me start over.

* * *

I woke up suddenly, thanks to my phone which was ringing non stop. I took it with anger and stared at it - it said 'Unknown Caller'. I pressed the green button and put the phone to my ear. 

I was just about to curse when I heard his voice.

- Hi, Rain- he said. - its Lei, we have a class arranged for 9 a.m.- he explained.

Oh, crap. I had forgotten. I looked at my bedside clock. It was twelve past nine. Fucking twelve past nine. 

- Sh... - control your frustration. - give me five, I'll be there soon. The cab is delayed, what a terrible service-.

Always blaming others.

- God, I think it just got here!- I said. 

I stood up and ran to my wardrobe. I picked out a grey skirt and a short black shirt. I put on my black boots and ran to the bathroom.

- Oh... crap, the service here is terrible- I lied. - I have to hang up! See you soon!-.

* LEI's POV *

She had certainly forgotten. Her voice sounded deeper and I could hear some hangers' sounds. She had just woken up. Gosh, this girl is so impulsive. When she ran in heels, now when she forgets to set up an alarm. She always tends to rush things - that was my impression after the few moments that we had shared together.

* RAIN's POV *

I drew the LAMEST winged eyeliner in my life and put on some mascara. I didn't want to exaggerate my make up. Chinase girls don't do that... chinase guys aren't into that. I combed and waved my hair as I could. I ran to my door and opened it.

Lei was there, outside my house. He was waiting on his car. I stared at him; both surprised and confused.

What the heck was he doing here?