Chapter Fourteen - Homeschool?

"This is awful!" Duncan cried.

It had been four days since the Prufrock Prep trip and the Baudelaires were getting worse by the day, no, hour. They only got two hours sleep per day and they couldn't stay awake during classes, or when performing secretarial duties, which meant they were failing. Earlier that day, in the cafeteria, Carmelita sang the Baudelaires another non-rhyming song and told them that Vice Principal Nero wanted to see them. They had just gotten back to the Orphan Shack, where me and my brother were waiting, and told us what happened.

"There's no way you can pass those tests, especially if you also have to run laps!"

"It's just dreadful!" I cried "you're going to fail those tests and end up being homeschooled!"

"He's going to do something much worse than homeschooling" said Violet.

"That's why he made us run all those laps" Klaus said "he knew we would be exhausted. He knew we'd fail our classes and secretarial duties"

"And he knew we'd be expelled from Prufrock Prep"

"And now its too late to do anything"

"No it's not. I'm sure I can think of something" she tied her hair up and sat down on a hay stack.

Five minutes later, we stood looking at Violet as she thought. "Violet" Klaus said "Count Olaf is waiting for us at sundown. We don't have much time. I said we don't have much-"

"I think I've got it"

"We're listening"

"Coast's clear" Duncan said.

Violets plan was amazing. Duncan and I would disguise ourselves as Klaus and Violet while we pulled along a little model of Sunny made out of objects from the school cafeteria while the Baudelaires studied for the next day.

I stood by the door with my brother as the Baudelaire searches the cafeteria. Tap shoes could be heard coming down the hallway, so Duncan whisper-yelled for us to hide.

Carmelita walked into the cafeteria, her every step echoing, she walked over to the cakes on display and let's just say, she's the real cake-sniffer.