Chapter Thirty One - The Monitor

The door creeped open, "Isadora?"

"Klaus?" I said. "You have to go"

"I'm not leaving you here, you're hurt". He looked at the gurney I was lying on earlier, "Blood? Who was bleeding? Is everyone okay?"

"It was me but... I'm fine"

"Then lets go"

"If they catch you, they'll kill you" I said while he held out his hand and helped me up.

"I'll make sure they don't catch me then"

"How did you find me?"

"Duncan ripped out a page of his commonplace book and gave it to me, it said anagram. Where is he?"

"I don't know he ran off"

"Where is Violet?"

I pointed towards the television screen but before Klaus could turn towards it, it was turned off.

"Do you mean Laura?" said Esme at the door with the remote in her hand.

"Where is she Esme?" Klaus questioned. Sunny crawled back under the trolley.

"This boy!" Count Olaf shouted, shoving Duncan through the door and into my arms. "Oh, look who's decided to pay his friends a visit"

"Where is my sister?" Klaus asked.

"We'll take you to see her, doctor" said Esme. They left the room with a hesitant Klaus, who was still pushing the trolley. Before she shut and locked the door, Esme turned on the monitor.

I looked at Duncan and noticed on his face. "What happened?" I asked

"I tried to rescue Violet and Count Olaf caught me"

"Did he punch you?"

"In the eye. I'm fine though"

"Are you?"

"I think so". His eyes drifted around the room. He stood back when he saw the monitor. "No!" he screamed.

"Violet..."