Chapter Seventy One- Awkward

Olaf and Esme had Carmelita, Alice, Ethan and Evan take me, Duncan, Sunny, Valerie, Edwin and Elizabeth to another room. As for the girl I didn't know, Liam, Violet and Quigley, they all stayed behind to help Emily with         Klaus.

I was upset. Very upset. Why him?

I overheard Alice talking to her brothers, it wasn't an accident. Evan and Ethan, the people who Alice told me I could trust, had pushed Klaus down the stairs. It made no sense.

Teddy and I were sitting down on a couch and he tried to get me to talk about Klaus. Yes, I had told him all about what happened with Klaus but ever since we first kissed and especially since Klaus arrived at the Beach House, I thought it was too awkward and Teddy had gotten a little jealous.

Duncan asked if he could talk to me and I followed him to another corner of the room.

"So, you and Edwin Lyons?"

"You know?"

"Emily told us earlier. That's why Klaus went off on his own"

"Klaus is the one who kissed Fiona"

"I know but we didn't see you properly for months then we find out you are dating someone"

"He's not just someone"

"Neither is Klaus. You loved him"

"Then he kissed Fiona"

"You don't know what he has been like without you"

"I'm sure he was just fine"

"Well, he's not anymore"

A couple hours later, Edwin and I returned to the 'Hospital'. There was blood. Klaus was asleep and everyone who had stayed in the 'Hospital' were tired. Esme sent all except Emily back to the basement. Klaus had a broken leg, a broken wrist and a fractured collarbone. Emily said he was lucky.

"He could have died or broken his spine"

Count Olaf and Esme locked Edwin, Emily, Klaus and I in the 'Hospital' soon after Teddy and I arrived. I let Emily sleep in my bed that night and Edwin and I slept in the same bed.

I woke up not long after Klaus. Emily was talking to him, calming him. He was very confused and in a lot of pain. I let Edwin stay asleep, I didn't want it to be more awkward than it already would be.

Klaus looked happy to see me. I don't know how I looked to him. I was happy he was okay, of course. But I still had these feelings for him and I felt so conflicted. I didn't know if I hated him or loved him. Ugh...

I told Emily to go back to sleep.

Klaus and I talked for a long while. I kind of felt like old times. Laughing and talking.

But Edwin woke up and it got awkward. Just awkward.