Chapter Seventy - Wait

The second Esme and Count Olaf walked through the hall with the Baudelaire siblings, the Lyon sisters, a strange girl and the two Pechmans, the twins helped them. Just like what had happened with their sister. Alice was sent to take me and Emily back up to the 'Hospital' and the twins went off with Olaf, Esme, Carmelita and the others.

When we got back to the 'Hospital' Alice slammed the door shut, waking up Edwin.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to get out of this place" I said.

"You're lucky Ethan and Evan got here when they did"

"Why?"

"We have a plan. Just try to wait. Two weeks, three at most. Can you please wait?"

"Wait for what?"

"V.F.D."

Two weeks later, despite me telling her not to, Emily had convinced Olaf and Esme that I had to stay in the 'Hospital'. Though I could tell that Olaf and Esme were starting to doubt her. Once again, I hadn't seen my brothers or any of the others since the twins stopped us. Teddy and I were officially dating, not like we could tell anyone about it. The only people who we saw was either Emily (who we did tell) or were counting down the days until they could kill us. 

One morning, around 3:30am, Teddy and I were laying in his bed. We were both fast asleep. It was quiet then there was a scream. Edwin being Edwin, immediately shot up out of bed. When I felt him move, I woke up and tried to convince him that it was probably in his head. But I heard it too. We lay back down.

But then we heard crying and someone trying to find the right key for the 'Hospital' door. We sat up and clinged onto each other. When the door opened, everyone was there, everyone.

Ethan and Evan were carrying someone to the bed that Liam used to sleep in. My brothers were at the back of the hoard of people and came up to the two of us. I got down off the bed and hugged them.

"What happened?" I asked them.

"Issy. There was an incident, down in the basement"

"What? Who's hurt?"

I pushed past them and stood on my bed.

"Get down, Isadora" said Duncan.

"Who is it, Dora?"