Part 13 - Not My Story

After the lights turned on, I saw many different blurs running towards us before it all went dark again.

The names of these blurs? Alice, Emily, Carmelita, Valerie and Esme.

The reason why two V.F.D. members stopped us from escaping? I had no idea, at the time.

When I woke up, I was lying on the floor of the dining room, beside Violet and Quigley. Klaus was there too but he wasn't lying on the floor he was bickering with Count Olaf.  Sunny was sitting on a chair. At the other side of the room, beside the window, Valerie, Emily and Emily's little sister sat on a green sofa. Esme was standing at the door with Carmelita. Alice, though, was sitting beside the green sofa seemingly reading a book, but I could see Emily's lips moving, she was talking to someone and it definitely wasn't her sister or Valerie.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Wait a minute, Duncan, I'm just finding out where these villains put Naomi"

"She had to use the bathroom" said Carmelita.

"I don't believe you"

"She is just in the bathroom" said the sister.

"I don't believe you either, your sister just betrayed V.F.D."

"I am just trying to protect my family.If I were you I'd shut up before your's gets hurt"

"Was that a threat?" said Klaus.

Quigley woke up at the same time as Violet and they both asked what was happening I just told them not to even bother. Count Olaf and Esme left the room, letting Carmelita and Alice watch over us for a minute.

"No, it was a warning. You may think you know everything about Count Olaf but I've known him way longer than you and I've been in trouble way more than you have. I am trying to watch over Edwin and Elizabeth"

"Klaus!" said Naomi as she ran into his arms.

"Naomi. Where were you?"

"In the bathroom, why?"

"What did we tell you?" said Count Olaf.

"So ever since we got back here,  you've been in the bathroom"

"No. I've..."

Emily stood up and ran over to Naomi, whispering something in her ear.

We were all so focused on Naomi and Emily that we hadn't even noticed Klaus and been taken from the room until Olaf and Esme came back, asking where our friend was.

"What did you do?" said Violet.

"We just let him see what he wanted most in the world"

"What he wants is to be free of you" my brother said.

A scream echoed through the house.

Everyone stared at the door. Count Olaf cursed. Esme started running, along with Alice and Carmelita. Count Olaf dragged Emily away. Then after a brief moment of shock, the rest of us (Vi, Sunny, Elizabeth, Quigley, Valerie and I) started running after Count Olaf to the source of the scream, which was all the way through the house and back to the room me and my siblings stayed in when we were all here, together.

I started writing this when my girlfriend told me to finish my sister's story. I have tried to document everything that has happened to us since we left my sister on that rooftop.

But this is not my story. 

It's her's.