Part 9 - Beatrice

Day 27 on the island...

"Valerie?"

"Duncan" she gave Quigley an apple.

"Valerie" my brother said.

"Quigley. Both of you listen, I need to tell you something-"

"Oh no you don't"

I turned around and Esme was standing there staring at us.

"You know exactly what happens to all three of them if you try anything"

"Duncan"

"Violet" I said, standing up.

We ran into each others arms but fell over.

"Be careful" said a young girl behind me. "You'll be weak from the poison"

"I know you" I said.

The girl was about to speak when Esme told her and Valerie to go and get Kit's body. They started running towards Kit then someone else started following them.

"Emily?" I said. But she couldn't hear me.

Then I remembered, the young girl was the other Lyons daughter. There was an eldest girl who dated Valerie's brother, Liam (who wasn't there), a boy my age with a weird haircut (who was also absent) and the youngest sister who was now helping Valerie and Emily carry Kit's body back. They carried Kit into a tent, then Emily came running back out to us.

"Go back to your tents and rest. Don't try anything, they have the advantage, trust me" Emily said before running back in to help her sister and Valerie.

"The doctor orphan is right, other orphans" said Count Olaf who was now healed and bandaged up. "Don't try anything stupid"

"And go back to your tents, cakesniffers!" shouted Carmelita, walking towards us with a girl who was almost identical to Esme.

Violet, Klaus, Sunny, Naomi, Quigley and I slowly went back into our tents and lay in our beds, almost immediately falling asleep.

Day 28 on the island...

When I awoke the next day, Emily was applying a wet towel to my head.

"What happened?" I said.

"The world ended" she said.

"So that wasn't a nightmare?" asked Quigley.

"No"

I saw she had been crying. "What's wrong?"

"It's been a very trying night. Kit died, before giving birth"

"So the baby?" I said.

"She's okay. A beautiful baby girl, Beatrice"

"After the Baudelaire's mother" said Quigely.

"Indeed"

"Emily. What happened while we we've been on this island?"

"So much you could write a book about it"

"I would stop right there, if I were you" said the girl who looked like Esme. "You don't want me to tell my parents about this, do you?"

"I get it, Alice"

"Go and attend to the others"

"You'll recover soon, Quagmires. You're just tired" said Emily, before leaving, followed by Alice.