Chapter Forty Three - Snow Scouts

"Sunny?" I asked, thinking i was hallucinating

"Alive" she said

"What? How?" my brother questioned

"No matter, alive"

Sunny walked towards us and quickly bit through the rope around us. Duncan helped me up as Sunny showed us an escape that she bit through the back of the tent. We crawled through it then heard two high-pitched whistles.

Duncan went first, peering round the side of the tent. I followed him, carrying Sunny with my right arm.

"Valerie?" said my brother.

"Duncan?"

I walked around Duncan, now I could see and be seen by everyone on the mountain: a group of Snow Scouts, Valerie (who was in the group of Snow Scouts), three masked people, Count Olaf, Fernald, Esme, Carmelita and them.

Sunny pointed towards the three flying shadows coming towards the mountain. I watched as they got closer and became eagles that picked up the tarp, that the Snow Scouts were standing on,  then carried it away.

"Valerie!" Duncan and I both shouted.

"This is all my fault" I said

"Our fault, Isadora, we set up the tarp"

"Run" Sunny whispered

"Sunny's right" Duncan said

"As always" I laughed

"As always" my brother agreed "we need to get off this mountain while we can"

"No!" said one of the masked people. "You can't leave!"

If I didn't love that person, I would have very strongly disliked them forever because their shouting caught the attention of Count Olaf, Esme, Fernald, Carmelita and the Man and the Woman.

"Quick?" whispered Sunny.

"I don't think we can run, Sunny"

"We know you are there children" said the Man

"Come forward and present yourselves" the Woman continued.