Part 10 - Back

Day 30 on the island...

Quigley and I haven't left the tent in two days, any time we try to leave, we get rushed back in by Emily, the other Lyons girl and Valerie, or we get forced back in by Carmelita, Count Olaf and Esme. Alice is different though, she acts bad, but isn't mean. I don't know if that makes any sense. She is saying all these bad things but while Count Olaf and Esme roughly push us back into the tent but Alice just hurries us back in, even Carmelita is being less hurtful.

"Let me go!" Quigley cried as he was dragged into the room and sat down beside me. We both had our hands tied together with rope.

It wasn't long before Naomi, Violet, Sunny and Klaus were dragged through and when Count Olaf went to go and get Valerie, Emily and Emily's younger sister, Esme stayed behind.

"My goodness. It has been a while hasn't it. You know, I was very, very worried about the five of you. I thought you would all get away, it's a good thing I turned up when I did, or my Olaf would have drowned"

"You hate Count Olaf!" said Violet.

"I was acting, orphans. I'm an actress"

"Where is she?" Klaus asked.

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Who do you think?" I said.

"Isadora" said Quigley. "Where is she? Where did you hide her?"

"I didn't hide her anywhere"

"Then where is she?"

"Unfortunately, Isadora Quagmire passed away"

"No..."

"What happened to her?" Violet asked.

"She accidentally fell off the roof of the Hotel Denouement after I pushed her"

"You killed her!"

"Oh, don't cry. I had to kill her, she was extremely annoying"

"You killed her because you thought she was annoying!" Quigley shouted. He got up and started running towards Esme.

All of a sudden, Alice had ran into the room and tackled my brother to the ground. "Never hurt my mom" she said.

"Thank you, daughter. Whoever says that you and your brothers betrayed us is obviously out of their minds" said Esme.

Count Olaf came through the door with Emily, her sister and Valerie.

"Where do I put these ones?" he asked.

"I'll show you, father" said Alice.

"I hope none of you get seasick" Esme said before leaving the room and locking the door shut.

That evening, the boat stopped and we were all cut free of the rope. They marched us out of the yacht, then we were thrown in an all familiar van.

Everybody else was asleep and it's not like I was eavesdropping but I heard Emily ask Count Olaf when she could see "them" and Esme said she could see "the three of them whenever (Esme) felt like it". 

'They must have other hostages' I thought.

The van turned a corner then abruptly stopped, waking everyone up. Esme, Olaf, Carmelita and Alice all got out of the van then opened the back door to the van.

"Welcome home, Quagmires" said Esme.

The Beach House.