Chapter 15: A Chat with Satan

The ten days of training had flown by like they were nothing. During that time, they had focused on getting Issei and Asia up to speed so they wouldn't go down to quickly.

Y/N had also been in charge of certain training sessions for all of them. It was thanks to him that Issei had been able to unlock a new function with his Booster Gear. Asia's magic had also improved. He taught both Akeno and Koneko focus their attacks and taught Kiba better dodging techniques. Rias, on the other hand, had been so caught up making sure everyone else was trained that she didn't do much herself, and as egotistical as it might sound, Y/N didn't really have anything to learn from the Devils in terms of power.

But today was the day. The Rating Game had been scheduled and was minutes away from commencing.

Until then, the Devils and Angel were spending their time in the Occult Research Club building. Rias, Akeno were sipping tea that Akeno had prepared. Koneko was readjusting her gloves every other second to pass the time. Kiba was polishing his blade from head to toe. Issei and Asia sat awkwardly on the couch. They weren't sure what they were expecting, despite being told a lot of information from Rias and Y/N. Y/N himself was leaning against the back of the couch with a determined expression.

The room was sombre and had a tense atmosphere. They all knew the stakes here. If they lost, then Rias would be taken to the Underworld and be forced to marry Riser. The ORC would lose their Buchou. But if they won, then they could rid themselves of Riser all together.

The door to the ORC opened and everyone but Y/N turned to see who had done it. Sona Sitri and her Queen, Tsubaki Shinra who had long black hair and a pair of glasses similar to Sona's.

"Excuse us," Sona said as she approached them.

"Good evening, Sona," Rias greeted, setting her cup down.

"Why are the Student Council here?" Issei asked.

Rias answered, "The Rating Game is broadcast to members of both families. They are responsible for it."

"I volunteered for the task," Sona interjected. "It's your first game, after all."

Rias smiled. "I'll show you a fight that won't insult our rivalry."

Y/N listened closely to what she was saying. Her words made her sound sure, but he could read between the lines. Her words said one thing, but the very slight shakiness in her voice told Y/N that she was still worried. He didn't blame her for that. Her future, as well as her peerages, was riding on the outcome of this game.

A bright blue magic circle materialised from behind Sona and Tsubaki. Appearing from blue lights in the centre of the circle was Grayfia in her maids uniform and her hands clasped together.

"Everyone, are you prepared?" Grayfia addressed the ORC.

"Yes, anytime," Rias answered for them all.

"When it's about to start, all of you will be teleported to the battlefield," Grayfia informed.

"Battlefield?" Issei echoed.

Akeno turned to him. "An alternate space created just for this game. It's disposed of after each game so you can run wild all you want."

"I will be going back to the Student Council room to manage the broadcast," Sona stated. "I wish you the best of luck, Rias."

"Thank you, but make the broadcast fair, okay?" Rias asked of them as they retreated to the door.

Sona paused and looked over her shoulder. "Of course. I do not expect an even match against him, however."