Chapter 55: Angel in Plain Sight

Y/N stared up at the giant building before him. It put the academy to shame by sheer size alone. It wasn't a building, this was a cross between a mansion and a castle.

The building was home to Rias' parents. Rias and the ORC were also present with him.

Despite the building being very impressive, it wasn't Y/N's style. After moving into his small apartment, he'd come to appreciate it. He didn't need luxuries like this. However, he hadn't thought about what it must have been like for Rias. Moving from a giant place like this to a one-bedroom apartment must have been a change.

One of the double doors to the house opened up. Outstepped Grayfia in her standard French maid outfit.

Rias smiled at her. "I'm home.

Grayfia bowed at her husband's sister. "Welcome home, milady and her peerage.

Grayfia stepped to the side and let them all in. What they were greeted with was a long stretch of hallway. The walls were lined with expensive paintings and wooden furniture.

As they walked down the hallway, led by Grayfia, they saw that all of the butlers and all of the maids were lined up on the walls. There had to be hundreds of them. All of them bowed in respect.

It felt a little awkward to Y/N, walking down a hall of people, but everyone else seemed to be fine with it so he shrugged it off.

As he stared at a couple of butlers and maids, he caught their eyes before they would glance away back at the floor.

'I knew it. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea bringing an Angel into a Devil's home,' He mused to himself. The butlers and maids were concerned regarding his presence.

"I feel like I don't belong here," Issei whispered.

"Join the line," Y/N replied, equally as quiet.

"Rias-neesama!" A loud high-pitched voice squealed out.

Running down the halls was a young boy with short red hair and hazel eyes. Even though he was of such a young age, he wore incredibly smart clothes consisting of a red royal suit. However, he was only wearing shorts.

"Welcome home!" The boy cried.

The boy jumped at Rias, wrapping his hands around her as much as he could. Rias staggered after getting bumped into by the Devil child.

"Millicas. I'm home," Rias hugged her nephew back. "You've grown so big since I last saw you."

"Millicas?" Y/N asked. "As in Sirzechs' son?"

Rias looked down at Millicas. "You should introduce yourself."

Millicas nodded. He let go of Rias and stood before the Occult Research Club.

"I am Millicas Gremory. It's nice to meet you," He greeted in a polite tone and with a handsome smile.

He looked like the spitting image of Sirzechs if he was of that age.

"Your nephew seems nice, nicer than mine anyway," Y/N commented.

"Everyone," Grayfia addressed them as she opened the doors to a room. "Please enter."

Millicas became childish once again as he ran into the room with his arms spread open.

"Rias-neesama has come home!" Millicas exclaimed.

The Devils and Angel entered a large sitting room with lovely blue walls and a spotless white couch.

Standing in the room was a woman who looked only a little older than Rias did. She had the same hairstyle as Rias but her hair was shorter and a light brown instead of red. Her violet eyes smiled down at Millicas who was hugging her like he had done with Rias.