three

PUBLISHED: July 9th, 2019
EDITED: October 11th, 2021

(A couple days later)

It's game day where the Blues take on the Lions.

After some obnoxious pestering from Jack and Caleb I decided to come along. They had obviously done some prior planning and secured me a pass which allows me into the ground with a dedicated seat. It also gives me the opportunity to head down to the rooms after the game.

When the boys were due to head off two hours before the game, I wished them both good luck with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I could feel the excitement building. There was just going to be something about this game.

I arrive at the ground with fifteen minutes to spare, just early enough to watch the boys break through the bottom of the banner. I scream as the Blues boys jog around the field and loop around to kick footys at the goals; Patrick leads the group. His silky, dirty blond hair shines perfectly in this light.

I couldn't help but admire his stride and how graceful he is even with such a big build for a midfielder. I grin to myself as I notice my brother running around too. It's rather hilarious seeing him so concentrated when he's usually annoyed or teasing.

The siren echoes in the open air, the game commencing. Patrick gets a perfect tap from Matthew Kreuzer, gaining the clearance by kicking it to our 50 with Charlie Curnow taking a clean mark. He lines up for goal and it goes straight through the middle. I celebrate with the other supporters around me, excited to have got the goal because of Patrick's effort.

The game went by pretty quickly but it was most certainly enjoyable as we came back and won by 15 points. I loved seeing Patrick have one of the best games of his career. He absolutely dominated. His stat sheet looks pretty good with 38 touches and 4 goals.

I thrust my way through the dispersing crowd and move quickly down to the rooms, wanting to hear them belt out the song. I show the security guard my pass before lunging into the room just as the song starts. After suffering the loss of their coach Bolton, it was obvious that there would be a lot of emotion in the song.

The authentic grins on everyone's faces while they sing is indescribable. Once it ends I see my brother looking around the room. There are no doubts he's looking for me knowing that this is my first time here. I begin strolling towards him and try not to bump into or get bumped by anyone. As soon as he spots me his eyes light up, I dive for his arms and I'm taken in a strong embrace.

"You did so good today," I murmur into his chest.

"Thanks sis." I can feel him kiss my hair.

"AUDS!"

I tremble with a laugh, knowing exactly who called my name. This idiot will be the end of me. I lift my head from Jack's chest. "CALEB!" I scream back, matching his intensity.

I locate him running towards me with his arms spanned wide open. I swiftly shove my brother out the way so he doesn't suffer from the collision I'm about to suffer from.

Caleb reaches out and wraps his arms around my body, spinning me around joyfully. I chuckle happily as he does so. He sets me down on the ground gently.

"So what'd you think of me today? I thought I did pretty good." He lifts his biceps up and flexes, looking overly pleased with himself. I scoff and look away, cringing.

"Ugh, don't even Caleb."

"What? You don't approve? Naww I'm sorry Auds!" He sarcastically whines, nudging me cheekily. That's when I've had enough and I flick his nose as hard as I can. He's taken aback, making a sound of surprise and clumsily stumbling over his feet in shock. His back collides with the Gatorade dispenser, so much so that the contents inside almost end up on the floor.