twenty eight

My breath catches in my throat, clinging onto the thought of what he might say.

He composes himself quickly before starting up again.

"Will you go out with me?"

I'm rendered speechless, paralysed from his words as they blind me from reality. I can't think. My head is clouded, feeling as though it'll explode.

He just asked me out. So that's why he had his little slip up by nearly calling me his girlfriend. It makes sense.

Patrick is standing in front of me, sweating even more than he would in a game. His expression is slowly sagging, believing that my answer is no. The light in his eyes fading.

My brain is like a restless hive. It can't seem to put together words.

He said he loves me, and I know I love him too. It's been irrefutable that I've always had feelings for him, but they didn't emerge until our kiss in Sydney.

Am I ready for this? I want to be with him, that's for sure. Now that I think about it being with Patrick is all I've ever wanted.

Patrick breathes out, sighing. He hangs his head low in defeat, realising his attempt is futile, that he just faced rejection. He goes to turn away from me, but I grasp his wrist in my hand desperately.

He glances down at me emotional, still believing I pushed him away, but that's far from it. I pull him closer to me, a light smile on my face.

"I couldn't say no. Not even if I tried." I tell him. "Don't ever think I'd do that, I couldn't, and especially to you."

Patrick's face instantly brightens, his features morphing in pure joy and happiness. It's like he's been resurrected from the doom and gloom.

"I love you too Patrick, and yes, I will go out with you." I kiss his cheek delicately, my hand pressed against his chest as I lean up.

After I let go he picks me up and spins me around with the widest and most heartfelt smile ever. We laugh out loud in pure elation.

He places me down carefully, a smile eternally stained upon my lips. My joy, my love, my laughter, my happiness is being sent to him in this one gesture. He's made me feel so carefree and I love it.

"I never thought this would happen." Patrick says still smiling.

"Neither did I." I reply honestly, holding him close.

Patrick and I are now officially boyfriend and girlfriend. A title that I thought would be nonexistent between us. But now it's become a reality.

But how would Caleb and Jack feel about this?

I'm honestly not too sure. Caleb was extremely happy for when Patrick and I first kissed, but will it be different now that's we're dating?

And my brother, how will he react? He was supportive awhile back of it, saying that he trusts Patrick will make me happy. But once again, will Jack's opinion change now that I'm actually dating Patrick?

I wish in times like this I could see the future and be aware of what'll happen. I hate being left in the dark because I don't know how it'll go down when I tell Caleb and Jack. It sucks.