twenty seven

Sarah turns her back on us. She leaves slowly, but not before her finals words threaten to haunt me.

"It won't be long before you break because of him."

After the confrontation with Sarah we just went home. Her words keep repeating in my head as if a broken record. It haunts me.

'It won't be long before you break because of him.'

Who does she mean by that? Patrick? No. It can't be him. I wouldn't think it would be him.

I haven't been a step closer to figuring out who it could be in the following days afterwards. Sarah's words are circling around in my brain, taunting my every thought. I push them back, but they always seep through into my mind space. I just want them to disappear.

I wasn't sure if Patrick's usual cloak of making me forget about world spinning around us would work. I can only hope it will hide me from Sarah's threat. Please do.

And I wasn't certain either on whether I should tell him what she said or not. How would he react? Would it be beneficial him knowing?

I just don't know.

In this moment I'm on my way to Yarra Park to see Patrick and probably Ronny. We both agreed that we needed to see each other. I most definitely do.

I arrive at the park and step out of my car. The breeze whacks my face, the cool air soothing my haywire thought process.

The MCG towers over Melbourne in all it's glory. It stands in the distance, an icon of the footy world and of the city it finds itself in.

Jingling of tags draw my attention away from the stadium. I see Ronny running up to me, a goofy smile etched on his muzzle. Leaning down, I scratch behind his ears when he reaches me. I kiss his bulky head before getting smacked along the face with his tongue.

"Ewwww! Ronny!" I whine, standing up and wiping my face desperately. Chuckling echoes  in my ears. I peer up to see Patrick a few metres away.

His hair is groomed to the side, flowing in waves. His blazing blue eyes are glazed with undeniable adulation. His welcoming smile is gleaming brighter than the sun, luring me to him.

Immediately I feel my body edge closer to Patrick at speed. I'm not conscious of my movements so I least expect when I smash my lips against his.

I don't have the courage to pull back, thinking that this was a mistake, but I'm reassured when he presses against my lips too.

My arms are fastened around his neck as his rest around my waist. I swear I hear Ronny barking below us, but I can't seem to register it properly. I'm just too lost in this moment.

I've wanted to replicate this for so long and I've finally received it. I feel revived. Not even Sarah can break through the barrier.

Out of breath and begging for air, we both move away. I keep my eyes closed, wanting to grasp on this for as long as possible.

"I've been waiting to do that for so long." Patrick breaths out, still catching his breath. He may be considered a professional athlete, but he can't keep his breathing in check after a kiss. No one could.