Landing At Point Rain

Adira's POV

I was on a Republic cruiser, heading back to Geonosis. I had feared that another conflict here on the planet would be devastating, and I suppose this one will take more lives than the first battle. "I cannot believe we're back here again." Obi Wan stated. "It is unfortunate. The resistance from the native Geonosians was stronger than we anticipated." Mundi agreed. "The same can be said for their loyalty to Count Dooku." I then pointed out. "A fact that is often overlooked." Mundi finished as Ahsoka and Anakin then came walking up besides us. "You're late." Obi Wan stated to the two. "Sorry Master, Ahsoka and I were busy routing the Seppies near Dorin." Anakin replied. "My squadron alone had 55 kills." Ahsoka said. "Yeah, but mine had 76." Anakin responded. "Show off." Ahsoka joked as she walked off to monitor the consoles. "Well, I'm glad you two are enjoying yourselves." Obi Wan started. "Hey, it's just a little friendly competition, Master. Nothing to worry about." Anakin said with his playful smile. "What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out. With no end in sight." Obi Wan reminded him.

"He does have a point Anakin, this war is vital to both sides." I agreed. "Which is why it's crucial our invasion of Geonosis meets with success." Mundi said. "Agreed." Anakin replied before he called out to Ahsoka. "Ahsoka. Contact Outer Rim Command, we're ready for our briefing." He instructed to her. "They're already waiting for us." She replied as she and Anakin smiled back at each other.

*********************

We were at the communications table, debriefing on how the mission would go and what was waiting for us on Geonosis. "Our ships are already in position, and we're ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians." Obi Wan reported to the holo figures of Mace, Master Yoda, and the Chancellor. "And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Mace asked. "Seems he's hold up at the primary droid foundry, here." Obi Wan responded. "The factory is protected by a shield generator." I then pointed out as he pointed to the area on the holo map. "Anakin, Ki-Adi, Adira, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack, through their defense lines just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target." Obi Wan instructed. "Isn't is risky committing four Generals to one area of the attack? If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow." The Chancellor asks. "To ensure that rise again, Geonosis does not, capture Poggle we must." Master Yoda replied. "Of course. As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi." The Chancellor said.

"Our thanks, Chancellor." Obi Wan then said. "May the Force be with you." Mace wished us as the holograms of the three then faded as Captain Rex, and Commander Cody entered the room. "Good. Cody, these are the coordinates for the rendezvous." Obi Wan instructed to his subordinate. "Yes, sir. When we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter there. Getting past their defenses here will be the trick." Cody replied as he pointed to the red dotted line on the map. "General Mundi will come across their defensive lines from the North. We will make our assault through the middle. General Skywalker and General Casteele will make their attack on the defensive lines from the south. And we'll meet at the rendezvous point at 0700 exactly." He continued as the line led up to where we would all meet up. "If we meet strong resistance and are forced down from the landing zone, hold out until we join our forces, before attacking the shield generator." Mundi instructed.

"Their front lines are heavily fortified." I commented before Ahsoka stepped up. "Look at that giant wall with all the gun emplacements! That won't be easy to get past." She said. "Don't worry Snips, we're not going anywhere near that." Anakin reassured her. "Come now, what happened to all the enthusiasm I saw earlier?" Obi Wan asked. "Don't worry about us, you just make sure you get yourself to that landing zone in one piece." Anakin replied. "Yes. I shall be waiting for you when you finally arrive." Obi Wan said before Master Luminara spoke. "Gentlemen, if you are quite finished, we have a battle to begin." She reminded. "Quite right. Cody, prep the gunships. I'll meet you in the hanger." Obi Wan stated as he looked at Cody. "Yes, sir!" Cody replied as they both walked away. While Obi Wan and Anakin would lead their men, my old master; Ima-Gun Di, was assigning some of his men to my command for the battle. I only hoped most of them would return.