Darkness On Umbara

Adira's POV

I was in a gunship with members of my battalion to the planet Umbara. After an Umbaran Senator was killed by a Senator spy, the whole planet turned away from the Republic and joined the Separatists in the war. The planet was completely in darkness as the ground seemed as if it were covered in shadows. I looked over my shoulder to see Miles and Tracker in the gunship, along with West, Alor, Valor, and Seeker. Valor and Seeker were my ARC Troopers, leaving Alor and West to be my best snipers and shooters. Miles and Tracker were the ones in charge of the men, having me to lead the entire garrison. I then looked through the gunship's doors as it creaked open, revealing several other gunships behind and in front of us, including one with Jedi Master Krell. I knew many did not enjoy serving under his command, and I understood perfectly. He was a successful Jedi with strength and tactics, but his brutal commands and orders were how many men under his command were killed in action. But despite it, we were given this mission with him and his help of the air support that saved Anakin and his men since they were deployed on the planet earlier than either of us.

I continued to look through the door as the gunship started to hover low over the ground, having the doors to open completely as both Krell and I hopped down to the ground, walking towards Anakin and the 501st. It had been a while since I've been with the 501st, but I knew it was a proud, and honorable battalion to fight with one of the strongest Jedi in the Order. "Master Krell and Casteele, my thanks for the air support." Anakin greeted as we bowed our heads slightly. "Indeed, General Skywalker. The locals have proven to be more resourceful than anticipated." Krell replied, his voice a deep baritone noise. "But that's not the reason for your visits?" Anakin asked. "No. The Council has ordered you back to Coruscant, effective immediately." Krell responded. "What?? Why?" Anakin asked, not knowing why he was being pulled from the battlefield. "I'm afraid a request was made by the Supreme Chancellor, and the Council obliged. That was all they would tell us." I responded. "Well, I..I can't just leave my men!" Anakin retorted. "We'll be taking over in the interim." Krell stated as Rex stood up. "Don't worry about a thing, sir. We'll have this city under Republic control by the time you're back." He reassured to his General. "Master Krell, Master Casteele, this is Rex. My first in command. You won't find a finer or more loyal trooper anywhere." Anakin said. "Good to hear that, I wish you well, Skywalker." Krell stated as he put his hand on his shoulder, before removing it as Anakin walked to the gunship.

We watched as the gunship took off the ground, and flew towards a Republic cruiser. "You're reputation precedes you, Generals. It is an honor to be serving you." Rex stated in a warm, welcoming voice. "I find it very interesting, Captain, that you are able to recognize the value of honor...For a clone." Krell said as he turned his back towards Rex, having him and I to look up at him in a confused look. "Stand at attention when I address you." Krell instructed as Rex obeyed. "Your flattery is duly noted, but it will not be rewarded. There's a reason my command is so effective, and it's because I do things by the book, and that includes protocol. Have all platoons ready to move out immediately, that is all." He continued as he walked passed a familiar ARC I knew from the Citadel mission. I sighed as I quietly rolled my eyes in annoyance. There he goes. I quickly walked up to Krell as I was then walking by his side, but he didn't look at me. "Master Krell, I respectively state we should allow the men time for a rest before we move out. We are unsure of what is waiting for us." I said gently to him as we continued to walk, him ignoring my eyes. "The men must earn their rest after conquering the Capital City, and turning the planet to the Republic control, Casteele." He confirmed, refusing to use my title. We were both the same rank in the Order, and me being a member of the Council made me higher than his rank, but at Coruscant, we were discussed to work together and ignore our titles and rank.