A Distant Echo

Adira's POV

Obi Wan and I were walking towards the barracks to speak with Anakin on this mission. I was surprise to hear that there was a possibility Echo was alive. The Echo we thought died on the Citadel mission. I was surprised to think it was true, and I wanted to make sure it was. But was he? "Rex, where's Anakin?" Obi Wan asked. "We want to speak to him about this mission." I finished. "Well, Generals, he's umm.." Rex trailed off. "Well, he's inside your barracks, isn't he?" Obi Wan asked. "Yes, sir." He replied. "What's going on here?" Obi Wan asked as I smirked behind his back. "Uhh, nothing, sir. I was justing waiting for the General....Uh, General." He replied as I did what I could to not chuckle. "You'll have to do better than that, Captain." Obi Wan stated. "Then what is Anakin doing in there?" I asked. "Ah, he's spot-checking my gear, sir." Rex said. "Really?" "Without you?" I asked with my eyebrow raised. "Well.." He began before Anakin walked out of the door, throwing his helmet at his first in command. "Here you go, Rex. And try not to break it again." He said before Rex quickly followed behind. "Anakin. About this mission, the Council thinks--" Obi Wan began. "That it's a good idea? I agree. Come on, Adira. Let's get moving, Rex." He replied as I followed behind. "Adira...No wait, that's not-" Obi Wan began again until. "No time." Anakin and I chimed in. "I hope you at least told Padme I said hello." Obi Wan called, having Anakin to pause in his tracks. That's what he was doing. He then glanced at Obi Wan and then to me before walking forwards. We walked on to a nearby ship that would take us to Skako Minor, where I hoped the truth we knew was real.

*********************************************

We traveled through the system to almost arrive on Skako. I was impressed to see this 'Bad Batch' in my own eyes. Miles had to miss out on this one in order to lead my battalion, but Tracker was able to hitch a ride. While one was created with supreme force, the other was the one with the brains. While one was a sniper from afar, the other was the leader and came right up to droids. "So, how many missions has your team been on, Sergeant?" I asked. "Honestly, sir, I've los count. All the actions sort of blurs together." He replied. "I know you work with Cody sometimes, but who do you guys report to?" Rex asked. "Hmm...good question. Can't say I've got an answer." Hunter answered. The bigger clone...Wrecker, I believe, simply chuckled before the ship began to shake. "We are approaching Skako Minor. It's looks to be a difficult landing." Tech informed. We quickly strapped in our chairs while Wrecker ran up to the co-pilot's seat. Within's minutes, we landed on the ground with the winds with dust and debris while we walked up to the front of the ship. "Rex, what do we know about this place?" Anakin asked. "On this part of Skako, there's a race of locals, the Poletecs. All we know is they're very primitive." Rex said. "'Primitive' is being kind. My intel says the Poletecs worship flying reptiles." Tech butted in before one of the said creatures jumped on the glass, screeching while scratching the screen before jumped on the back of the ship. "What the heck was that?!" Wrecker asked. "It's one of those reptiles." Tech replied. "I want that thing off my ship." Hunter informed, getting ready to run out. "Hold on, hold on! Don't just run out there." Rex warned until we all ran outside.

The large creature was jumping on the back of the ship before turning to face us, having us to look at the rider who I assume was a Poletec. While the clones aimed their weapons at the two, Anakin and I ignited our lightsabers. "Hey! Get off of there!" Wrecker boomed. "Hey, calm down." I said. "We need to talk to them." Anakin continued. "Why?" Hunter asked. "The Generals are right." Rex stated, until our eyes spotted two more of the reptiles flying towards him. "Look out, Rex!" Anakin warned, pushing him to the ground as I followed, ducking my head while the creatures continued to fly away. Another one then came out to my right as I pushed Tracker to the ground as well. Then, the main creature and Poletec dived down from the ship, grabbing Anakin as he dropped his weapon. "Anakin!" I yelled, watching my friend being carried away to see Rex fire at the creature after picking up his General's lightsaber. "I have a thermal reading. Point-two five east. Elevation 175." Tech informed. "Relax, I'll handle this." Crosshair said, changing the barrel of his sniper rifle to a tracking barrel, firing at what I hoped wrapped around the creature's tail. "What are you doing?" Rex asked as Hunter grabbed the end of it. "Going for a ride." He replied, being carried away swiftly into the thick soup. Quickly, I formed into my dragon form while my bright white light formed around me, dissipating quickly as the creature behind it formed.