Old Memory

Adira's POV

I looked at my old helmet the moment I walked back in my quarters on Coruscant. The blast mark had broken the entire screen, and the paint markings on my helmet were old and were scratched to small portions of their streaks. I sat down on my bed as I looked at it a little longer, remembering when I had made it myself. I had made friends with a shiny a long time ago, back when I was Master Di's apprentice. His name was Arrow, and his name gave him his skills. His aim was one of the best in our battalion, and he was quicker than most of us. Unfortunately, he didn't make it out during one mission, involving an explosion the Separatist activated to prevent us from escaping, which only took Arrow and a few others with it. I had been told by him before the mission started that he was getting a new helmet, and asked if I wanted the old one. I agreed, only if something were to happen to him, and something did. It was the old phase 1 style of clone trooper armor, so I added very few modifications, including reinforced screen and more painting and color to it. I used to wear it during missions that required filters to avoid breathing in poisonous gas or other unknown subjects, yet those missions started to disappear, including when I wanted to wear it. I was lucky to have it when Master Plo, Sinker, Boost, and I took down droid hunters that were about to destroy our pod, like many of his own men. I pondered at the thought of repairing the helmet, but it was so old and damaged that I figured repair was beyond any engineer's hands. I shrugged my shoulders as I then put the helmet on my table, and laid back on my bed. I was exhausted from the current events, and I felt my eyes close as I was about to sleep. Until my comm started to go off. "What the?" I asked as I sighed in anger, but picked it up and tried to remained calm. "Casteele." I reported as I said my last name. "General Casteele, it's Valor ma'am. General Di wishes to speak with you in the training room." Valor reported. Training room? Ohh.. My mind trailed as I remembered what day it was. "Alright Valor, I'll be there soon." I replied as I started to head out. It was a few years ago that Master Di and I agreed to arrange a sparring match between the two of us, on the exact date I was made a Knight.

Usually around this time I would be grumpy, yet it was the time when me and my old Master would usually train each other to see each other's new skills. I picked up my lightsabers from my bed, and connected the hilts to one another as I walked out of my quarters.

**************************

As I walked into the training room, I immediately remembered the last I had battled against my Master. I was only a child then, now, I was an adult. I looked into one of the arenas and saw Master Di standing besides one, hands behind his back as he waited for me. "Master, it's been a long time." I called out as he then turned to face me, and gave me a kind smile. "Too long, my dear." He replied as I walked towards him. "How goes your battles?" He then asked me. "Very well in fact, Master. We have defeated the Separatist ship known as the Malevolence, which also carried an ion cannon with it." I replied as I crossed one arm behind my back and the other in front of my side. "That is good to hear." He said. "So, you ready to show what you have in store?" He then asked as he gestured to the arena. "Ready whenever you are Master." I replied with a smirk as we both walked on the arena, bowing before igniting our lightsabers. "Last time we fought, I think I may have won, Master." I said confidently, having one lightsaber by my side while the other was shielded in front of me. "The tide may be in my favor this time, Adira." He replied as he pointed his lightsaber at me. I lunged forward, spinning one of my lightsabers as it blocked my Master's and used the other to strike at him. He pulled his head back as he swept his feet under mine. But I was quicker than I was as a child, and rolled as he stroke the ground of the tip of his lightsaber. I ended up back on my feet as I rolled my blue lightsaber in my hand like a shield, and ran with the other in my hand. He blocked it and used his other hand to grab my other hand, forcing me to drop it. I then swept under his feet, only for him to throw me over him, having me land on my back with my lightsaber on the floor. I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me, while also keeping the blade several meters from my face.

"How did you do that?" I asked. "I learned a thing or two from training you." He replied as I rolled on my stomach, and he helped me back up. "Lucky." I teased with a smirk as I called back both of my lightsabers. "But you have also changed as well my dear, and not for the worse." He said, but from the tone I felt he was sad. "You're sad." I said. "Well, not everyone is changing for the better Adira. Especially our own. You remember Count Dooku? He was one of us before allowing the Dark side to corrupt him." He reminded me. "I do remember him on Geonosis, and I still find it hard to believe he was a Jedi trained by Master Yoda." I replied. "Not everyone can expect people to be like them." He stated as I knew what he meant. It was probably only Count Dooku that betrayed the Republic, yet, there were spies that had betrayed us as well. "Come on Master, not all of us are going to end up on that path. I mean, I ended up right behind you, right?" I asked as I smiled at him kindly. "Yes and probably a bit more ahead." He replied with the same smile. I had looked up to him nearly as a father-figure, and perhaps as family. Besides him being my Master, I looked up to him as my father. My comm then started to go off, signaling to me that I was needed back for a briefing. "Oh, the briefing..Yay." I said with a sigh. He chuckled a bit before placing a hand on my shoulder. "You'll live through this one, like so many other times." He stated. "Yeah, I guess you're right." I replied as we both bowed before exiting the arena. "Well Master, thank you for the sparring match. I'll be sure to pick up your moves from now on." I said with a smirk. "As do I, Adira." He replied as we both walked out of the training room, feeling happier for a long time. An old memory.