Family Dinner

Ch.37

Dinner with Yoongi's...'family'? You didn't quite know what to call it. Yoongi refused to consider Mr. Yoo family so you were trying your best to dance around that. It's going to be so awkward sitting with them. Ms. Min probably thinks your Yoongi's girlfriend or that he's into you. Then Mr. Yoo is your principal and the last time you saw him at Yoongi's house, he was yelled at by your friend. The entire family dynamic was complicated. Yoongi admitted that he knows that his mom loves Mr. Yoo and that he's not leaving any time soon. So he figured this dinner he'll try to raise his tolerance of that man but needs you there with him.

So you did what any other friend would do. You accepted. Though the dinner might be awkward, you wanted you help Yoongi finally cope with the stranger in his house. He's going to have to deal with Mr. Yoo at school and at home. Even the sound of that was frustrating to you. It explains why Yoongi feels so angry. It must feel like Mr. Yoo is forcing himself into Yoongi's life any way he can. Heck, the whole reason Yoongi goes to this school in the first place is because of his mom's new husband. Yoongi wanted to stop angering his mother, especially with the contest coming around. It was going to start at the beginning of next month.

Your boys have already started preparing for the first round. They had the dance down. Their performance was solid and you found the song catchy. It was titled 'Boy in Luv' and you were excited to see it on stage. You received an email by the director of the competition. BTS had a photo shoot next weekend for promotional teasers. Also so they could have a photo for viewers to see when they vote. It was starting to feel more real as you continued to get an influx of emails informing you about contest related things. BTS's calendar was beginning to get a little packed, but you made sure they didn't stress.

You would do anything at the moment so they wouldn't get stressed. Even if that included an awkward 'family' dinner. Now that you had plans again tonight, you wouldn't be able to watch them practice and Yoongi wouldn't be able to make it. Yoongi was planning to use piano lessons as his excuse. You didn't really have one. Nothing besides your parents telling you no which didn't really sound like them. None of the boys have met your parents, but from what they knew was that they were pretty relaxed. That's why your parents never really found out about your old 'friends'. Mom had her suspicions, but she never out right chased after them. Dad should worry more about harmful friends than boys. It's okay though. He'll learn.

"Jungkook works very hard as our maknae and main vocal. I wish we could give him a raise," Hoseok mumbled. Even though he tried to keep his voice low, Seokjin's ears twitched at the front of the class. He sat up straight in his seat to look at the four of you. All of you were in the back as always.

"I want to get paid too. Manager?" Yoongi eyed you with a smirk.

"None of you have even debuted." You sighed. Not to mention, you're not even a real manager. Yoongi dramatically groaned despite knowing that would be the answer.

Namjoon on the other hand remained quiet. He chewed his bottom lip, tapping his pencil on an empty page in his notebook. Namjoon hasn't been able to write lyrics for a while now. He starts before he scraps it all. Yoongi told you that he was just having a mental block. It would pass soon according to him. You really hope so. Namjoon swore under his breath, completely unaware that the rest of you were staring at him. Not even jokes could pull him away from his notebook. He wanted to stay focused and finally write a song that he felt was worthy for the fourth final round. If BTS is able to make it that far.

"Are you not hearing us, Leader?" Hoseok joked, but you could hear the hint of sadness in his voice.

Namjoon continued to tap his pencil. Hoseok frowned, worried for his close friend. Yoongi's gummy smile was disappearing too. While the idea of rivals had been good for hyping up the others, it only stressed Namjoon out. It made the competition more real. After the battle with three of D-Crunch's rappers, Namjoon has been a bit on edge. He's spent the entire morning trying to write just the first verse of the song. You thought it would have been Yoongi to act like this based on yesterday. You believe that Namjoon's main issue was that he was trying to write a hit song. Not one from his heart.