Chapter 5: Revealed emotions

I thought I hated her. I thought she hated me. I pull out the memory needle off of my forehead. I cry like I've never before. I finally cried for my mother,I cry for her death. I stand up,I don't even bother asking up the candles and sweeping the powder off of the floor. I walk towards the door and just as I open,I see Faith. She hugs me then says,"Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for you to finish whatever you were doing?Anyways we have to talk serious business. I was able to organise a place for our 21st birthday and now we need to look for the cake,also...",before she continues I hold my hand up to stop her from talking and take a step back from her and say, "What on earth are you talking about? I'm only 15 and turning 16 anytime soon. Also,why are you here after everything you've done?". Faith seems surprised and responds," Hope,are you okay? You're scaring me right now,do you need to lie down for a bit?I could make you some lunch,it's been 2 days and you haven't been eating so should I...". I stop her again,"What do you mean it's been two weeks? When did you come? How long have you been here? Oh I have so many questions! Faith,we need to talk and I mean like talk",I say,as I pass her to go downstairs I pull her with me to our mother's bedroom. As we enter ,the bedroom is full of my pictures. I turn to look at Faith and ask her with a confused look,"Is this my bedroom or I'm lost?". As I scan the room,she replies," Hope,this room has been yours since we were 17,how could you forget? You said you would never forget it." I'm still confused and try sitting down on the bed , Faith replies before I can catch a breath."Hope,I get it that these preparations are stressing but maybe you should rest a bit . You've been using your powers a lot lately and you know that's not good so maybe you should...",and again I stop her."Faith,I'm going to scare you more even now but please answer every question I have before I lose my mind completely,okay?". She nods slowly in agreement and says,"Okay,I guess I'll try".
***
I start with the question,"When did you actually come here and what was my reaction?". She replies,"I came here on our 16th birthday,you were so happy unlike what I had expected,you were with aunt Agnes and uncle Josh ,they weren't so pleased to see me but we did what was right in the end,wink"she winks and giggles. I ask her,"What do you mean by we did the right thing? Are you saying we got rid of them?",I feel good but lost at the same time. She looks at me with a confused look then says,"Wait,Hope are you saying you don't remember anything that has happened ever since I arrived?". I nod then say,"Well,I also don't remember anything that has happened a few hours after mom's funeral.",she stares at me and I say " Surprise.",but in a sarcastic way."Well you're gonna want to lie properly on the bed for this 'cause you have a long story to listen to.",she says as she fixes the pillows and pats on the bed so I can lie comfortably.