chapter 58-Alpha

I raise my eyebrow at him.
'mate, mate,mate',he chants to himself which confused me. If I were his mate,I would feel it too right?

"Yes you are...",I trail off so he can continue. He clears his throat.
"I am Alpha Thorin from the Dark Moon pack",he says holding out his hand for a handshake which I gladly take.

"And you're here with who?",I ask.
"My beta,Stark",he says pointing to the guy behind him.

"You look very young to have been working with my Mom, the previous queen",I say.
"Oh she worked with my father,he passed on along with my mother just after your mother's death so I had to take over",he explains.

"Oh well, we're still allies so no problem and I'm sorry I couldn't come,my condolences",I say.
"No problem,just like you here,we also don't announce it all over,we keep it private",he says.
I nod.

"I'm sorry about your dress",he apologizes causing me to look down.
"Oh right",I hold my hand right above the stain and drain the liquid from my dress and take it into he glass.

"Now it's good",I say.

One of the servers pass by and I stop him.
"Sorry sir but may you please spill this out,it was on my dress,so it can't really be drank anymore".I kindly request with a smile to which he gladly returns and takes the glass.
"Thank you",I say and nod.

"Wait,aren't you the new queen?",Thorin asks.
"I am,why?",I ask.

"You just said please and thank you to your servant",he says in suspicion.
"He's not a servant but a helper but your point exactly?",I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"You're being kind to people who work for you",his beta says.

"Well they are kind to me so why not?",i ask.

"We're just saying that you don't come out as a ruler with your politeness on everyone. People should fear you-",I cut the alpha off.

"But they should also respect me like I respect them. See,this is why this kingdom is run by women. Males are just too arrogant when in higher position and before I thought it was just a few but you proved to be one of them. Just because you're in higher power does not mean you have to abuse that power on people who don't have it. Why do you think people end up betraying their packs or kingdoms,it's because of the treatment they get from the people who lead them. Why do you think this kingdom has never faced any problems of loyalty,it's because we treat everyone with respect and equality. Now if you'll excuse me,I'll go get some fresh air and get away from you two",I say and turn to leave but now before whispering viciously with an eye roll,"Stupid men".
I can tell they are shocked at my behaviour so I put onv a smile and start to walk away to the garden which is just outside the ball room.

Its already dark outside since it's like 8 o'clock. The stars shine very bright here. I look up and close my eyes to calm my nerves.

I don't know why I got all worked up but those guys got on my nerves for showing how low they can think of other people. I mean I hate to even call them servers hence why I rather say helpers cause they help.

"Queen Hope",a voice says from afar causing me to open my eyes and turn to it.
It's that arrogant alpha.

He walks up closer to me and I close my eyes again with my face up.

"Queen hope",he says again.
I exhale loudly.
"Uhm Queen of Angevil",he says.
I exhale in annoyance.
"What the hell do you want now?",I ask.

"I just wanted to apologize",he starts.
I don't say anything and he continues,"it's a beautiful night isn't it?".

Still no response.
"Okay look I'm really trying here and you're not being easy. I came here-",I cut him off and look at him straight in his eyes.