chapter 37-break time

It is now break time and I am so hungry. Can you blame me,I had a double math period which is like 2 hours without any break whatsoever,just learning throughout.

"Hey,I'm going to take the food",i tell Christie as I head out of the class .
"Hope",a voice shouts after me.

I turn around just to be met with Mr M.
"Sir",I say once he reaches me.

"Where are you going?",he asks.
"Is that why you shouted my name?",I ask and start walking without waiting for his response.

"So how are you?",he asks while trying to keep up with me.

"Well I'm alive and healthy as you can see. What about you?",I ask looking ahead.

"Same for me but I heard that you're one of the best students in the school and was wondering if you would want to be my assistant for your class while I'm here",he says.
"I'm flattered but I don't have the time to be an assistant for English. I'm already a lab assistant,an RCL,a generation earth member and a school learner on its own so please tell me why I would consider being an assistant to a temporary teacher?",I ask him as we are passing by the reception.

"Well it's only temporary and it'll be during our lessons and if possible in the morning. I just need to be alert of how far your class is.",he says.

"If it makes you feel any better,I'll help you get an assistant but it won't be me. Her name is Renée and you'll see her first thing tomorrow morning",I tell him and walk towards my aunt's office.

"But I expected you to be my assista-",I cut him off.
"It was nice talking to you sir",I say politely.
"But will Ren-",I cut him off again.
"As I said,it was nice talking to you sir",I say and walk away from him before he could say anything further.

"Hey aunty",I say as I enter her office.
"Hey hope. Today I got you,faith, Christie and Jace some pizza. There's chicken mayo and some barbecue chicken from Debonairs. I didn't know what to get all of you. Plus some grape juice for you,apple for faith,guava for Christie and cranberry for Jace. I hope it's okay for them.",she says.

"Oh it's more than okay. Thanks aunty",I say and take the two boxes of pizza and the plastic with the juice to leave.

"Enjoy",she says.
"We will.",I say but turn at the door to ask her,"hey,two questions?"
She nods .
"What happened to Mrs Van Rensburg?",I ask.

"Oh well we were told that she was with her family and they were sitting in their living room. When she was getting up,she stood up quickly without uncrossing her legs and fell breaking a few bones,one on her her back and sprained her ankle too. She also fainted probably due to the shock she felt but she's in the hospital so we can only hope for the best.",she says.
I nod then say,"okay what about the new teacher?".

"Well as you know,he is Jace's brother. Well kinda adoptive since he is the nephew of Jace's mother. But he's okay. Has no bad record whatsoever. Has a good teaching history.",she tells me.
"Okay,well I guess that's fine. See you after school",I say.
"Okay see you later",she says.

I leave the office and head towards the field,the place where I usually sit.

There's Jace, Christie,Chris and Gift.
"Where's faith?", I ask before saying to Gift and Chris,"hey guys".
"Hey",they greet back.
"She went to the ladies room", Christie says.
I nod while putting down the food.

I give Christie and Jace their juices and they say thanks.
"Do you guys want me to start getting you lunch?",I ask Gift and Chris.

"That's not necessary?",Chris says while Christie says,"You or your aunt?".
I playfully glare at her then turn to the guys and ask,"Yes or no?"