chapter 38-red

So now we're at home with Jace and Christie. Aunt Mia isn't back yet. And lucky for me, Renée actually agreed to be the assistant,didn't even take any persuasion.

"So what really happened?",i ask her.
"Do i really have to tell you?",she asks with hesitation.

"Do I have to use my powers on you?",I ask with a raised eyebrow.
"I don't wanna talk about it",she says.
"And I don't want to use my powers on you",i tell her.

"Don't you think we should include Chris in our group since he's like us?",Jace asks.

"I don't think so,I know so. If we include him,we have to include Gift and I can't have more people knowing about us",Faith says.
"Yes,no human can know,agreed?",I ask.

"Agreed",Christie and faith say.
Jace looks everywhere but us.

"You've got to be kidding me",Christie says.
"Who knows about us?",faith asks.

"It's just one person",he says.
"Who the hell did you tell Jace?",i say sternly and see a bit of red.

"Gift",he says quietly .
Silence .

"Say something guys",he says on a pleading tone.

"What exactly do you want us to say jay bear? I'm very disappointed in you right now. How could you trust a whole human being?",Faith asks.

"Can't say I'm surprised. Y'all are basically the 3 musketeers. But I'm shocked you haven't told them about us. I give you a trophy on that",Christie says.

"Well can you blame me. We tell each other everything and I try,trust me I do try to not tell them about you three",he says.
"Is that supposed to make us feel better?",Faith asks.
"I guess",he says.
"Why do you become dumb when it comes to our true natures but become smart enough for the humans?",Christie asks.

"Well I'm used to humans",he says.
"You need spells",Faith says.
"Wait isn't it supposed to be you need prayers?",Christie says.
"Do you seriously think a prayer will help him?",Faith asks.
"Yeah you're right,it would not help at all",Christie says. I become better and no longer see red.

"Hope please say something",Jace pleads with me.
"What do you want me to say Jace? That I'm pleased with you for not spilling our identities? That I'm glad you don't have trust issues? That you have a human friend who can easily spill our secrets the moment he is threatened? What do you really want me to say?",I ask in a low voice.

I mean I'm not happy at all about this.

I can already imagine Gift being drunk and telling someone I dislike or who dislikes me about who I really am. I can imagine him being used to get to us. I can imagine a lot of worst case scenarios where he is used as a source to get information on us.
He's a human. Greed is something that has to be in his blood. Jealousy too. When we use our powers, he'll obviously be envious. Who wouldn't when they are the only ones in the group without powers?

"Just say anything. Shout at me if you want. Hit me then. Just talk to me",he says.

"Okay. Let's say you tell him. Do you think he'll just continue to live normal?",I ask him.
"Yes",he says.
"I have just three questions and I want you to think carefully before answering and with those answers,I want you to tell me if you really think I'll want Gift to know",he nods.

"Has he ever asked you to use your powers  for his beneficial?",I ask him.
"Yes",he says looking down.

"Do you think he'll always want you to use your powers for him?",I ask him.
"No",he says,still looking down.

"Has he ever said he wishes he had powers?",I ask.
"He has",he says.

"Now figure it out if it'll be good if he knew or not",I say then stand up and head to the garden area.

I stand by the Dieffenbachia plant also known as dumb canes.

I walk towards the red roses once I see that the dumb canes are well.
As always I start by poking the thorns to see if I'm immune to pain.

Thing is,my mom told me that once I turn 16 I will be completely immune to pain. I'll never bleed unless it's that time of the month. Nothing will cause me pain. A knife won't even cut me. I'll basically be like superman or Supergirl but no weakness at all.

I sit down and start singing candlelight by Zhavia Ward.

Burn, burn, burn, burn

Dark space
I’m slipping into dangerous ways
Looking for a familiar face
Not too far from home
And it's all
It's all, all too much
When you can't see the shiny under the rust
So you hide away, sheltered from the rain

And I've been getting tired of all these patterns
I see it written on the walls
And I've been walking through my own disaster
Thinking it's time to move on

I don't wanna run from a bullet
Gotta leave my candlelight burning
If it goes out, I would lose it
Gotta let my candlelight burn, burn, burn
I feel something pulling
Gotta leave my candlelight burning
If it goes out, I would lose it
Gotta let my candlelight burn, burn, burn, bu-

I get cut off by faith .
"You should talk to him",she says.
"And say what exactly? Hey Jace I'm sorry for being overdramatic. Go ahead and tell Gift that your girlfriends are soon to be queen's of a hidden kingdom full of mysterious creatures who have powers and their friend and our principal are not humans but are from Angevil. They are very powerful they can even wipe memories. And tell him that we want him to come by. Is that what I should say?",I ask.

"No. Say none of that. Just talk to him. We're all mad about this but I feel like you're even more mad. I get that it's not something we are used to but things are changing a lot lately. This being one of them. Talk to Jace. Let's let him tell Gift. We can use a spell or something on him to prevent him from telling anyone about us. Just fix things with Jace . Please",she says.
"Okay I'll talk to him",I say.
"Oh thank goodness, let's go then",she says after breathing out in relief.

"Go where?",I ask.
"To talk to him",she says.
"I never said I would talk to him now",I say.

"I never said I care so let's go",she says.
"I'm not in the mood for apologizing so please bare with me here",I say.

"Okay that's it. You'll go and talk to him this instant and don't make me take you to him cause I will",she says sternly.

And all I saw was red.
"What did you just say?",I ask furiously.
Since when do I become this furious. Especially to her.

"Uhm hope calm down",she says as though she's scared.
"Do not tell me what to do. I'll talk to him when I feel like it now you'll either sit with me or you'll go inside",I say.

"I'll stay with you. Just calm down",she says.
My vision becomes better now. But my head feels funny. As though I was spinning . I hold my head and look down at the ground.

"Hope",she says.
"I don't feel good",I say and darkness consumes me. I hear a voice shouting but I can't tell who it is or what they are saying.