chapter 31-you know him

"And maximum is?",I ask.

"A year",he says.
"Your brother must be waiting for me to kill him,isn't he?",Faith asks.

"Faith", Christie says in a warning tone.
"What? This guy seriously has no chill. I haven't been here long and want to just have some peace with my sister but he just shows up wanting to get the throne",she says in frustration.
She unties her hair letting it free from the high ponytail.
"Ugh,he's causing me a headache already",she says.

I look at her before tapping my laps so she can put her head there.
She puts her head on my laps and I gently massage her scalp with one hand.
She seems to be calming down and enjoying since her breathing is normal and her eyes are closed.

"What powers does your brother have?",I ask Jace.
"Visions of special occasions,healing powers,fire,super strength",he answers.

"That must be how he knew of me,only people in Angevil would know me,other kingdoms would have heard but he knew me",I say.

"Yeah and now he's after your throne",Christie says.
"But why our kingdom when he has his",Faith asks.

"In our kingdom,the forefathers choose the rightful leader,he wasn't chosen. Well at least I've been told so. If he was,he would be leading right now but he can't. He can't force taking power because he'll die if he takes the throne forcefully",Jace explains.

"Is he aware that's how it is in all kingdoms",I say and Jace shakes his head. I continue,"He's older and he doesn't know. Even I know that even if kingdoms go to war,the defeated either join the winners and become allies or they completely surrender and end their kingship. The throne can never be taken forcefully by another kingdom,ever",I say.

"Well he doesn't seem to be aware",Jace says.
"Well he's dumb. Angevil has been led by the female species , it has never been male",Christie says .

"Don't you think I know that?",Jace says in frustration.

"Chill dude. I was just saying. I didn't mean it in a bad way", Christie says.
"Sorry,it's just that I am frustrated and-"Jace gets cut off by Jason who asks,"Sexually frustrated or what?".

"Seriously?",I ask. Out of all the things he could say,he just had to say sexually frustrated. The cousins I have.
"What? I was just asking,I don't know half of the stuff y'all were talking about ",he says innocently.

"Well you should've asked first",I say rolling my eyes.
"I'll take this back to the kitchen if you roll your eyes at me",he says showing me the bowl containing strawberries,grapes and small marshmallows.

"You are the best cousin ever",I say sweetly.
"Yeah yeah,why don't you just love me when I feed you",he says rolling his eyes and giving me the bowl.

There's a thick wood branch in the middle that can be used as a table so I put the bowl there.
Faith takes some and I follow.

"So what were you talking about?",he asks.

I tell him about Michael.
"He's back?",he asks in shock.
I look at him confused as to how he knows him.

"You know him?",Faith asks.
"Of course I do,the guy once came as a student teacher at my school but I knew there was more to it when I saw a flame on his hand,I knew it then that he was not human. We started talking until 2 days later when he went MIA. And that was about a year ago",he says and shrugs at the end.

"How did you catch him with his powers?",I ask.
"He came to the school library,near the side i usually bunk. He sat there and didn't notice me,after about 5 minutes,he was reading something and with his free hand in the air,I saw flame on it",he answers.