Let's Go On A Date - Part Two // Surprise

Three Months Later

Back To School

I spent the entire summer in Texas with my aunt and her two kids, who were my age. Madison and Matthew. Over the summer, Madison and her friend Yvonna made it a point so when I returned to Tulsa, I'd be beautiful.

Yvonna's mom is hair stylist, so she relaxed my hair so now it was permanently straight, unless I curled it, and instead of dirty blonde hair, it was light brown with dark brown mixed in. I had lost all my baggy clothes, and Madison went all out on my new outfits, even her boyfriend Richard came with us, because she said we needed a males perspective. I was amazed she never got jealous, knowing the way most girls would if a boy said half the things he had. She knew I wouldn't take him, and he was very obviously in love with her.

My aunt talked me into getting my ears pierced. Matthew's girlfriend Gina, Matthew, and Madison had taken me around and taught me to flirt around a bit. I wasn't used to it, and it made me feel different. I hadn't ever had this much attention from anyone, not even my own friends.

Today had been my first day back to school, in Tulsa. I wore an entirely new outfit, and even had done a little bit of mascara like Madison and my aunt taught me. 

I had seen my old friends but didn't talk to any of them

I had seen my old friends but didn't talk to any of them. Not even Ponyboy, or Johnny, or Two-Bit, or Steve. Cherry Valance had me set with them today, and now they were calling me by my middle name, Daisy. Matthew said that Fiona wasn't who I was anymore, and that she was dead. It almost felt as if nobody recognized me, and it felt good.

After school, I didn't want to go straight home, so I started towards the DX. A smile on my face the entire walk. I entered the gas station and walked straight to the coke's. When I made my way up to the desk, I didn't bother to look up as I pulled money from my wallet.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes" I smiled, just hearing his voice. I looked up and turned my head just enough to see the familiar boy who leaned up against the counter beside me. "Hi, Keith" he furrowed his brows and stood up straight, staring at me intensely, but I heard another familiar voice, "Fiona?" I spun the other way, spotting Ponyboy and Johnny. I smiled at them, "Hey" Ponyboy smiled widely before running over, wrapping me in a hug, making me slam against the counter.

I laughed and let out a groan of pain, "Ow, Pony!" "I-I'm sorry, I just got excited. I haven't seen you in so long, and I" I covered his mouth, watching his cheeks turn pink. "I know" he smiled again.