on top of the world // K.M.

Keith and I decided to spend the day at my house, having us time. He was a little bruised up from a rumble the other night and wanted to rest. And to be babied behind closed doors. We had just finished eating lunch that I made; grilled cheese with ham inside, one of his favorites. We were watching The Munsters and cuddling on the couch.

Soon, my mother said bye to the both of us and went to do some grocery shopping. I knew in that moment, that my boyfriend had quickly come up with a new agenda besides watching the television; and it was confirmed.

As soon as we listened to the loud engine become distance, he struck. I squealed loudly as I fell back on the couch, Keith's hands moving across my sides and ribs quickly as he tickled me. I laughed, shouting his name and trying to defend myself as he overpowered me, straddling my waist so my legs couldn't push him away, and grabbing my wrists with one hand, holding them above my head as he continued his assault over my neck and arm pits.

I struggled, unable to defend myself as I laughed obnoxiously, Two laughing in amusement before I managed to send us tumbling over the edge of the couch, tearing my arms from him and tickling his own sides, as it was his turn to try and fight back, and nearly win before I stilled my hands on his sides. Both of us panted as I moved to situate myself; straddling his waist instead of between his legs and sliding my hands across his chest softly with a smile.

He grabbed one of my hands, admiring the promise ring he gave me years ago, twisting it with his own fingers while looking at it with a grin.

"Baby, do you ever feel like you're... on top of the world? He asked, lifting his eyes to look at me with a small smile. I grinned, leaning down and placing a small kiss to his lips, pulling back just out of reach, "I'm on top of my world right now" I murmured to him, causing him to smile before leaning up to capture my lips once more, before rolling us over.

After a few minutes of making out, he pulled back with a sigh, resting his head on my shoulder while rubbing a hand down my side. My arms wrapped around his shoulders, one rubbing his upper back and the other locked in his hair.

"Two-Bit" I whisper, earning a hum, "I can't want to have your kids one day" I state, and he pulls back a bit, looking at me with furrowed brows, "you wanna have my kids?" I smile up at him, moving a hand to cup his cheek, "Who else would I have them with?" I ask, as he bursts out into a grin and leans down to kiss me once more.

He pulls away, resting his forehead against mine as he releases a shaky breath, feeling the hot breath fan over my face, "We should run away together" he whispers, and I smile, rubbing his head. "We'd miss it too much" I whisper back, and he lets out a small chuckle, but nods in agreement, "You're right" he claims, and I smile before leaning up to give him another gentle kiss as we hold each other close.