Twenty // a ring & a car // S.R.

(Modern day)

The couple met through Ponyboy Curtis, the year after Steve graduated. She was a Senior who moved up from Texas to live with her cousin, Cherry Valance. The pair didn't get along well, but her parent's thought she was too much to handle and sent her off. They flirted for weeks before she asked him on a date, and the rest was history. It took a pep talk from a drunken Two-Bit to get him to pop the question, on their four year anniversary at some races they were at, watching other Greasers alike.

The pair had already moved in together since his dad had left Tulsa, with nothing other than a letter to explain his reasons. Steve wouldn't read it, but (y/n) did. She refused to let him read it after she had, realizing his father blamed him for the loss of their mother and said he needed to get away from his "worthless, greasy bastard". 

Without hesitation, the girl said yes and the next day went out with Sodapop to find Steve's dream car. It was a lot of convincing from the pair before they got the man down half price and she bought the piece of work, but they both knew it's what he would prefer, that way he could work on it himself and make modifications he wanted. 

They were quite the pair. A degenerate hood, and a gorgeous Soc who so dearly wanted to be bad. 

Instagram

(Y/IG/N) : he bought me a ring

(Y/IG/N) : he bought me a ring... so I bought him a car. Guess who cried more (;

Tagged: steve.randle

Liked by sodapopcurtis and 71 others

Read all comments...