(mostly) Modern Break Up Songs

This goes along with the Couples songs.

Ponyboy:

Hoodie by Hey Violet (Release date 2017)

"I'm still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns
Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts"

Ponyboy was the one to break up with the girl. The flame had just... vanished. Everyone knew, even her, that it was coming to an end. He walked her from school, to her house. When they got there, she knew it was coming, but she didn't fight it. She knew he didn't love her like she did him anymore, because some people grow out of others and things change. But even three weeks later, the hoodie he gave her on their fourth date, a deep purple one that she loved so much, she wore still. She would never be caught dead outside of her house in it, but she wore it because the memories and because the smell. Cigarettes, sugar, and wood. It was Ponyboy's scent.

Johnny:

Sad Song by We The Kings (Released 2013)

"You're the perfect melody
The only harmony I wanna hear
You're my favorite part of me
With you standing next to me
I've got nothing to fear

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold"

Nobody expected it to ever happen. Once the pair had fallen in love, they were meant for forever, and that was the plan. When Johnny got the call from her best friend, he rushed straight to the hospital with his own. A large group of greasers sprinting through the hospital to find a room that they were honestly too afraid to reach. Outside the room, against the wall sat a bloody girl, ignoring the doctors though she had her own injuries. When she heard the footsteps, she shot up to rush to Johnny, apologizing that they shouldn't had been out in the weather anyway. She led him to the room, where they could see through the window as they worked on the love of his life.

They hydroplaned on their way home from dinner, and she couldn't gain control. Neither of them wore belts, it was the 60's for crying out loud! They were fine until they could hear honking, finally getting their lights to come back on just before they realized they were in the middle of the highway, seconds before being t-boned by a semi-truck, looking for a rest stop. The impact was so hard it flung her out of the passenger window, and it rolled the car over atop of her. The semi had run over just a leg, but still crushing every bone.

The surgery wasn't enough, and by the next morning she was gone, but she was surrounded by the people that had loved her most. She might not have been conscious during those hours they were together, hoping and praying she'd get up, but it was all she could've asked for.

Soda:

Love of my Life by Queen (released 1975)

"When this is blown over
Everything's all by the way
When I grow older
I will be there at your side to remind you
How I still love you (I still love you)"