Let's Go On A Date - Part Three // Surprise

Part Three // End

Somehow, I was persuaded by Ponyboy to come to the house and say hello to Steve, Sodapop, and Darry, with promises that Dally wouldn't be there because he was in the cooler.

The boys asked me a hundred questions as he made our way there, and when we got there, I was taken out by Sodapop when Two-Bit ran ahead of us and screamed I was back. We all talked for hours, about everything that happened over the summer. Nobody mentioned his name, besides when I stated, "When we broke up" and that was it.

When it started to get dark, Ponyboy, Johnny, and I sat on the back porch and watched the sun go down. "You think you'll start hanging around again?" Johnny asked, nudging me a bit. I shrugged and turned to him with a small smile, "I'll hang out with you guys in school, but uh. I don't know if it's such a good idea" he nodded in understanding but looked sad as he turned away from me.

We stayed quite but once both boys put their cigarettes out, we joined the others inside.

**

I was with some other Socs at the Drive-Inn. I had never been with anyone other then the Curtis gang, so it was exciting to me. It was two other girls, June and Carrie, and Carrie's older brother Dustin and his friend Henry. Cherry and Marcia were going to come, but went out on a double date instead, so Carrie invited the boys to come with us. We were in the seating section, whispering about the movie before I decided to head up and get a coke.

Dustin gave me money to grab him a popcorn, so I started to walk towards the concession stand.

"Fi! Fiona!" I spun around as I stood in line, facing Two-Bit. He had the familiar grin in his face, and I smiled at him. "Hey, Keith" "Gosh, I don't think I'll ever get used to you looking like this" he laughed, causing me to blush slightly as I turned towards my feet, frowning a little. "Is it that bad?" I mumbled before glancing up at him through my lashes. He took a few steps closer with his hands extended out in a defending manor, shaking his head, "No! No, not at all. I mean, you look beautiful, but you did before too" I blushed, but this time in surprise from his words.

"That ain't what Dal said" I mumbled, and he had a stern look on his face, "Well, Dal's not the guy you should've been with then, huh" I furrowed my brows and pouted my lip a little. The concession attendee hollered to me, but Two-Bit grabbed my arm gently and pulled me away from the line.

"I should have told you the minute I found out, all of us should have. But you were so happy, and I didn't wanna be the guy to ruin it, ya dig? But I should have, and I should have been more honest with you about my own feelin's I guess." "What do you mean?" I asked quietly, cocking my head to the side a bit.

He sighed as he looked at me, "When we first became buddies, the first day ya ever talked to me!" "You and Steve got me detention" I said with a nod, and he nodded, "Steve was tryna help me, because I uh. I wanted to talk to you outside of Mister Lester's class, and I was gonna ask you on a date, but you were so mad at me" I just stared up at him as he looked at his feet, like he was embarrassed.

When I didn't respond, he sighed and turned like he was going to walk away. I frowned and took a few steps to grab hold of his arm, pulling him back to face me, making him stumble a bit and look down at me in surprise, his grey eyes wide as he stared at me.

I smiled at him, "Let's go on a date"