Nightmares // S.C. (&P.C.)

I had frequent nightmares, it was well known in my family and my boyfriends, Sodapop. Tonight, was one of the nights I had one, worse than usual. I drove around for a little while, smoking a cigarette before I decided to drive to Soda's house. I parked in front of Darry's, his older brother, truck before getting out. It was chilly, and I was thankful I slept in pajama pants and a hoodie tonight instead of shorts and Soda's shirts. I made my way around the house to Soda's bedroom window, softly tapping with my nail for a few seconds, before using my knuckle.

After a few taps, it opened to reveal Ponyboy. He looked half asleep still, rubbing his face. Shirtless, in only pajama pants. He extended a hand out to help me in the room carefully, and I kicked my shoes into the corner as he flopped back in the mattress.

I smiled down at the younger Curtis boys before I slowly crawled over the mattress between the pair. Soda grunted, lifting his head to see me, the moonlight giving enough light to see each other's faces. He closed his eyes and pushed the blanket down, revealing his bare torso to me as I moved to lay between the boys.

I faced away from Soda, and he wrapped around me quickly. I moved my arm to grab Pony's hand as he interlocked our fingers and moved them to his chest. "Goodnight" I mumbled into Pony's back, "Night, baby" "Goodnight, (y/n/n)" as I felt a single kiss on the top of my head.

Ponyboy had been my best friend for a few years, though I was a few years older, for years before he introduced me to Sodapop, who I didn't instantly fall for. He had to bug me for a bit before I actually gave him a chance. One of my only things was he had to understand my relationship with his brother. He was fine with it, considering he knew I had fallen for him and wouldn't dare to date someone under my own age anyway.

But being with the boys made me feel safe, so they'd put me in the middle of the bed. Rarely did Ponyboy get kicked out of the bed.

Now, waking up every time to Steve jumping on us was not ideal, but I had learned to deal with it quickly. Occasionally, Soda and I gave him and Evie the same treatment at his house, so we were even.

I heard Ponyboy hit Steve before I kicked my legs up until we got him to the foot of the bed, pushing him off in unison. "Goodnight, Steve" I mumble as I turn over, burying my head into Soda's chest. "Be late, I don't care" he mumbled while stalking out of the room, causing the three of us to chuckle.