Nineteen // Stepchild //D.C.

(modern day)

It was no secret that Darrel Curtis had fallen in love with (y/f/n). Not even when he learned about her three-year-old son, Jordan. They met when (y/n) needed roofing done on her house, she asked the mechanic who worked on her car if he knew of anyone and he offered his brother up, giving her a number and estimate. Darry asked her on a date on his last day of work and offered Ponyboy's services to watch Jordan for her.

They continued to date for months, and the pair had grown closer before Darry was first left alone with Jordan when he was called into work at the local hospital. When she arrived home, she found the pair cuddled up on the couch, asleep to Mickey Mouse and that's when she realized she had fallen in love with the eldest Curtis brother.

She was there for Pony and Soda just as much as Darry, and when she learned about Johnny's home life, she took him to his home and marched into his house, having him pack the few things he owned while she screamed as his parents before bringing him home with her. She was thankful she decided to buy the crappy two story house in the "wrong side" of the tracks, instead of the two-bedroom beauty on the opposite side. After some time, Darry and Ponyboy moved in with Jordan, Johnny, and (Y/N) as well. Ponyboy was only fifteen when they did, otherwise he would have stayed with Sodapop, but even he had to admit that Darry was much more relaxed with (y/n). Once the oldest and youngest Curtis brother moved, Steve instantly moved in with Sodapop.

All the boys, even Dally shockingly, loved (y/n). She helped them every which way she could. She helped Steve and Evie out but getting Evie a job at the hospital, but nothing major with a degree, but they were thankful anyway. She helped Steve and Soda with business advice from her father on building their own mechanic's shop, and even got Two-Bit to calm down on the booze some. Dally viewed her as a slightly older sister, and he talked to her like he would Mrs. Curtis, but only if nobody else was around besides maybe Darry.

It was quite the shock when the pair came home from date night engaged, well to everyone excluding Ponyboy who helped Darry prepare.

But only two months later they learned she was pregnant. Everyone was happy for them, and they were ecstatic to have a new baby, though they still loved Jordan dearly, they had talked about it before.

Instagram

(Y/IG/N) : he loved my baby so much, I decided to give him his own

(Y/IG/N) : he loved my baby so much, I decided to give him his own. Little Annabelle Curtis,

Tagged: darry.curtis

Liked by evie.johnson and 62 others.

Read all comments...