good // D.W.

Ponyboy and I arrived home from the hospital. I had spent the entire day there since they had a rumble today. I helped Dally, my boyfriend, sneak out to join them before I went to sit with Johnny.

When Dally and Pony made it to the hospital, the doctor had already informed me he wouldn't make it through the night, but I didn't expect him to go in that moment. Once Dally took off, Pony and I sat for a bit, holding each other as we sat with our friend, taking it in. The nurse gave me some of his belongings before we left, after she cleaned Pony's face for him.

I was in the kitchen with the boys, talking quietly when Steve answered the phone, only to give it to Darry.

When he told us Dally needed us to hide him out, I knew it was too late as we darted out the door towards the lot. The sirens were deafening, and the lights were dull as we screamed for them. We screamed for Dally, to back down, for the cops, to back off, but it wasn't working.

Our screams became louder while they shot the boy, watching him tumble and crawl as we ran to him. I had fallen to my knees as I grabbed his jacket, tears burned my eyes as I looked down at him, and he couldn't even look at me because the light was already taking him away.

"You can't die yet," I whimpered as I held him in my chest, "Only the good die young, Dallas" I cried out as I placed a sloppy kiss to his jaw, clutching him tighter until Two-Bit and Steve successfully pried me from him, letting me collapse into Steve's chest as I wailed for my lover.

--

This is very short, on purpose. Also, I am not sure if/when I will return. I'm not getting requests and I can't think of anything else to write, but maybe I'll eventually come back.