Disputes & Conversations

"We talked about this last night, Star," Callie walks into her room and sits on the bed next to her best friend. Her face is buried in the pillow as she softly cries, and Callie feels just awful as she slowly reaches out and rubs her back.

"Please...go away," Stefanie continues to cry softly, and Callie doesn't want to leave her side at all as she keeps running her hand over her back.

"Shhhh, I'm not leaving you until I know you're okay." Callie soothes as Stefanie finally rolls over to face the young girl. Her cheeks are wet and her eyes red and puffy, and she tries to calm down.

"You don't have to call me Star," she hiccups as Callie reaches for her hand. "And I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you, Callie."

"I don't understand, Stefanie. I just don't," she shakes her head in sadness. "What you said...out there? That's not the girl I know whatsoever, and to be honest, it was so hurtful. You hurt my heart with what you said to my mother. Whoring around? And saying we are a fake family? And how you spoke to Frankie and Mocha? That really hurt, Stefanie." Tears clog Callie's voice as she struggles to not cry, and Stefanie sits up despite her ass hurting and leans against the headboard as she tugs her friend's hand.

"Can you sit with me?" she whispers, and Callie nods as she quickly blinks back the hot tears that surface. She moves to sit next to Stefanie before pulling a blanket around them for the room was rather drafty. Taking her best friend's hand in hers once more, she sits there quietly, hoping Stefanie will eventually talk. Most people probably wouldn't be bothered and wouldn't speak to her but Callie wasn't like this. She always asked what was wrong and always tried to dig into people's brain. Why? Because she cared.

"I don't know why I'm so mad," Stefanie finally breaks the silence as she lays her head on Callie's shoulder. "I've never felt this way in my life...and no one understands. I don't know how it happened or when it started."

"You're right. We don't understand, Stefanie. I wish I could say I do, but I've been through hell in my life too. My parents are divorced...my...my dad is dating a heifer cow...and I've seen my mom through so much, and not once have I ever disrespected them. Please help me understand, Stefanie! Are you...are you doing drugs? Is it true?" Callie's voice catches.

"You'll hate me."

"I won't. Tell me I really care. You know this."

"Just weed."

"Why? You were never into that stuff ever."

"I know and I don't know why I am now. I just go to these parties and all my friends do it. So I drink and smoke with them. It's my thing I guess." She shrugs as Callie puts a soft pillow under the girl's butt.

"I don't know if it's really your thing, Stefanie. You were never into that. Is it this guy? Is he making you?"

"Alby? No he's amazing. I love him."

"But you don't love us anymore? We had so much fun growing up and when you came this past summer."

"Of course, I love you, Cals. You're my sister."

"But what about everyone else? Your mom? You and my mom used to be so close."

"Things change, Cals. Okay? I'll be nicer."

"I don't understand. What do you mean things change, Stefanie?" Callie turns a bit to face her friend as she tries her hardest to understand what's happening. Stefanie pulls her hand away and begins playing with her nails.

"You wouldn't understand," she whispers as Callie frowns.

"Try me."

"Callie," Stefanie looks up now, fresh tears in her eyes. "I...I feel better, okay? When I'm high, and..."