A Talk With Her Goddaughter

As Stefanie got into the police cruiser this time she made no objection whatsoever as Stef made her spend three hours in the cell. She was so upset with the woman and had been rather fearful especially after seeing what kind of people were being locked up and what kind of people Stef brought in herself. It shook her a bit, and for the first time she had nothing to say.

To the blonde none of what was happening was what she wanted but she could only continue to try her best. But she knew she had to address things: Stefanie's behavior and the diary. Sometimes extreme measures were what was needed. As she drove through the dangerous area of the South Bronx Stefanie slide down in her seat a bit more as the blonde glanced over to her.

"Are you hungry?" She asks the girl as her goddaughter shakes her head her eyes only looking to her fingers.

"I just need to make a stop before we head home. And tomorrow you will go back to that group and you will participate. You dare to get up and walk out again and that cell will have your name on it."

"So that's what I am. A criminal to you?" She now says looking at the woman.

"Well, considering you were carrying marijuana on you back in December, yes. Yes you are a criminal, Stefanie or...or Star. So you tell me, is that how you want me to treat you? MM? Like shit? Since you are hell bent on treating me like that?"

"Whatever you're the one who left."

"I'm sorry?"

"I said you're the one who left." The girl says as the blonde stops at a red light looking to her confused.

"Left what? MM? What did I leave?"

"Your ex couldn't do her job of being a mother so she dumped me with you."

"Ex? What does that mean?" Stef says trying to be calm for she knew what the girl was referring on.

"You know what it means. I know Lena told you I read my mother's stupid diary."

"Well if you did maybe we should talk about what you read."

"For what? Call my mother and ask her what she wrote. You probably did anyway."

"Stefanie, I'm talking to you about this. Not your mother, not Lena, not your father. It's you and me right now. Right now I am giving you the opportunity to tell me what is going on and how you feel about me."

"You don't want to know how I feel about you."

"I have an idea of how you feel about me. And I want to know why. I want to know why you can't stand me, why you hate me, and why you want nothing to do with me. Because it's evident that that's how you feel. So I think we need to talk about that." She says pulling into the Woodlawn Cemetery as Stefanie looks confused.

"God, what are you gonna do now? Bury me?"

"As funny as that is, no. Let's go, please."

"I'm not going in some cemetery with you! I've got to be crazy to follow you into one!" Stefanie looks at the cop wide eyed.

"Stefanie, contrary to what you may believe, not everything is about you, baby. I am going to put flowers on my brothers grave if that's ok with you. Today would have been his birthday. Now let's go! I'm not leaving you here." The blonde says sternly, grabbing the bag with flowers she had as Stefanie sighs getting out the car and walking behind the woman.

The younger girl felt a tad sorry for her godmother now as she hadn't realized today would have been Frank, Jr's birthday. In fact, somehow she lost sight of the type of pain the older woman must be feeling but hiding well. She knew what pain she felt when Uncle Ryan had died, and for the first time in what felt like forever, she desperately wanted to hold the blonde's hand.