Time To Go

"Did I do something?" Stefanie asks the blonde as she had told Frankie, Callie and Corey to leave the girls' room before sitting on the bed next to her. "I mean I know I'm grounded for smoking which was dumb of me."

"Come closer. Ok? It's not about that, love." She says softly as the teen hesitantly moves closer to the woman that she had grown so distant from in the past months.

She wasn't sure what to do or feel right now as she plays with her fingers now feeling Stef gently lift her chin up to look into her eyes. "You belong, Stefanie Marie. Do you hear what I'm saying? MM?"

"Huh?" Stefanie tries to pull back but Stef doesn't let her.

"You belong, love. You will always belong and have a place with me and with Aunt Lena and Callie, Frankie and Corey. You will always belong and have a place with your parents."

"I told Callie I was fine!" Stefanie's face turns red with embarrassment and humiliation, and she moves to the end of the bed. "She...she didn't need to go worry! I told her! Why did she come to you? You...you guys have enough to deal with and I'm a bother no matter where I go! Don't you see that? Don't you see now you're taking time out of your day to holler at me for...for a story!" Stefanie is now crying hard as Stef moves to sit next to her once more.

"No. I don't see that. What I see is my goddaughter whom I've been trying to figure out for months, and I see that I want to help her, and to hear that she feels like she wants to end herself? That...kills me, baby," Stef soothes as she runs her hand over the girl's long braids as Stefanie cried, her head buried in her arm against the foot board of the bed.

"I wasn't serious." She lies as she looks at the ground now. "I wasn't. I...I was bluffing. I mean...I meant I'm sad, and..."

"Yeah, I don't know about that, babe.  I think you were serious." She says cupping her wet chin now as she sees  more tears stream down the girl's face. "If that is even a thought in your mind that's NOT okay with me. You are not the reason your parents fight, you are NOT the reason Lena and I may bump heads. We bump heads because I'm so goddamn controlling and stubborn." She laughs as Stefanie laughs with her and brushes away her own tears. "But we work it out. Always do. And it's never, ever too late for you and I to be what were before."

"I didn't think you would want that anymore. After everything I said to you. I was really awful. I mean I don't even know why I was so mad. I mean yeah I was upset about you and my mom but I don't know what else. I'm just really sorry for everything I said to you. I really am. I'm sorry."

"Come here. Come here, love." Stef pulls the girl into her arms and holds her tightly as Stefanie grabs onto her holding her back. "It's ok, sweetheart. It's ok baby, I forgive you. And always did. I know you need help and we will do everything in our power to help you." Stef kisses her head as she squeezes her.

"I don't wanna leave you. I can do better." She pulls away looking up at the blonde. I miss you and I just wish we all lived in the same place. I hate that you live so far."

"I miss you too and you don't have to leave me. You don't and we will get you help and figure this all out. I promise, babygirl. I promise."

"I'm sorry," Stefanie sniffles as the blonde kisses the tip of her nose.

"You're forgiven. Now don't hate Callie. Got it? Go wash your face and come out and help me with the meatballs for dinner, okay? Can you do that for me?" She brushes a braid back as Stefanie nods.

"God-mommy?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Can you take me to get these god awful braids out? I want my hair straight again. I look like a hooker," Stefanie laughs as Stef laughs with her.