Thanksgiving Part Two

LENA POV

"I don't want you to do all the cooking Tess. You are our guest!" I say to my friend who insist on making most of Thanksgiving dinner without my help.

"Lena, I like doing it. Besides you are making things too."

"So far you only let me cut cheese! I can do more than this." I say as she looks to me laughing while she bastes the turkey again.

"And? That's a big job. Besides this really relaxes me." She admits sticking the turkey back in the oven as I lean against the counter glancing at her.

"I know you need it and I know it's been hard for you."

"Yeah. I just feel bad calling you, guys, so much. You have your own kids to take care of and problems and I can't even handle one child."

"It doesn't matter how many kids you have, Tess. It really doesn't. Stefanie is throwing you for a loop, I mean all of us and it's very hard and draining. But we will always be here for you and her no matter what. That's what family does. And trust me, like I said a few nights ago. I remember when I was dealing with Francesca and her escapades."

"Thanks, Lena. You know, I didn't even tell Stef this."

"What? What's wrong?" I reach for her hand as she blinks back tears.

"During the past few months, I mean you know it's been draining, and I feel alone in all of this. I've really thought many times of leaving Jerry. Leaving and divorcing him for the second time, and he can deal with Stefanie. I've gotten in my car with a bag packed and I drove to your home one night and stayed there. And it was nice. It was quiet and I didn't have to fight anyone and I didn't have to deal with my husband constantly telling me how sorry he is about what he did. I could breathe and just be me. I even drove to the army base one day so I could remember who I was before everything. I didn't want to go back home, Lena." Seeing tears fall from her eyes she quickly wipes them as my heart breaks into a thousand pieces understanding full well what she meant as I had had these types of feelings when I was all alone. Many times, I had wanted to get in my car and just drive away from everyone and everything.

"Hey loves what can I do?" Stef says walking in and noticing Tess wiping her tears. "Hey, what's the matter, sweetheart? Why are you crying? MM?"

"Nothing. We were just reminiscing." Tess says as my fiance looks between the both of us knowing full well that she's lying.

"Ok! We back biotches!!! Got all the goodies!" Julius yells to us making us all giggle.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." Tess says walking away as Stef looks right at me with a look saying we will talk about this later.

-------------------

STEF POV

When I realize that everyone is either lounging in our living room or sitting in the kitchen drinking wine and talking as it's the night before Thanksgiving, yet there is no sign of Stefanie, my heart begins to race. I know I would have heard if the front door opened and I knew both Tess and Jerry were keeping a close eye on her. We all were but in matter of minutes she had disappeared. This kid was sneaky now, aside from a few other things and I knew she most likely was already thinking of how to bail out of here.  Never did I think she was the one I'd need to keep my eye on the most but it was turning out to be that way.  Unfortunately.

"Cals, have you seen Stefanie?" I lean down and whisper in my daughters ear.

"MM she said she was going to lay down. Said she had a headache."

"Ok, thanks sweets." Not really believing the headache story I quickly peak out onto the fire escape. There is no sign of her. So, I race to Callie and Frankie's room but stop as I hear soft crying coming from the bathroom.