The Tess of the Matter

"Hi, guys! Fancy seeing you, two here at this hour!" Tess smiles widely as Stef and Lena stand in the doorway to her room. The blonde instantly could see Tess was drunk simply by how she was slurring her words and stumbling. This was definitely unlike her but both women knew she wasn't herself. Not at all.

"Hey, Tess, how ya doin', love." Stef smiles softly, her hands in her pocket. She had showered and ate breakfast before they left much to Lena's relief and she was feeling better then she was earlier. Thankfully.

"Come in! Come in! You, two, are ALWAYS welcome at La Casa de Tess!" She holds up her martini glass as she begins walking inside and both Stef and Lena look at each other in dismay. Tess really wasn't doing well at all, and they felt it deeply.

"Whatcha doing here, babe? You, Jerry and Stefanie left yesterday around two?" Lena walks over to the window seat and takes a seat as she watches her friend flop on her king sized bed. Her silk robe is scanty as she crosses her legs and grabs a pack of cigarettes, lighting a smoke. Neither Stef or Lena knew Tess smoked but it became a bad habit over the last few months.

"Oh, I know! I know! BUT I told you I'm over it all. You know, Star doesn't want me there, infact that kid HATES me, anyway, and Jerry has it all under control!" She takes a long drag as Stef stands at the end of the bed, her hands in her pockets still as she looks around. All the mini bottles of booze from the mini fridge are lined up on the desk, most of them empty, and she notices a half eaten tray of a blt sandwich, meatloaf, salad, chips, French fries and cookies.

Licking her lips she walks over to sit on the bed near Tess. "Ya? Why didn't you tell us, love? You could have stayed with Lena and me. You know this."

"Psssshhhh! Nooooo! Steffy! You, two, have your own lives and kids! You don't have to save the world, blondie!" She laughs as she finishes her smoke. "Tell me, did Julius open his big old mouth again? That boy is FUN! We danced the night away, let me tell you! Ooooohhhhhh! And he has a new boyfriend! Yep! His name is Phillll, and he's cute! Showed me a pic! Yummmm! Another dark skinned boy! Sooooo cute! Oh my god! He's gonna have his happily ever after again!"

"Wow! Ummm, aren't you tired, sweetheart?" Lena gets up as she sees Stef's jaw clench in irritation, and knowing her so well, she knew she better do something before Stef exploded and big time.

"Noooo, Lena baby! I just had me a deep tissue massage, and..."

"Okay, okay, Theresa Brown, I think..."

"That I'm going to draw you a nice bubble bath!" Lena butts in as she ignores Stef's glare. Her fiancé meant well but sometimes her emotions clouded her judgment.

As Tess put out her smoke Lena quickly left the room to run the bath. The darker skin woman couldn't help it as she scooted closer to Stef, wrapping her arms around her and nuzzling her neck. "I missed you, Stef. I really did. I'm so glad you're here. I don't know what I'd do without you and Lena. I really don't."

"Sweetness you need to take care of yourself. MM? Why didn't you come to me? You know you and I have always been able to tell each other things. Especially when life has been difficult."

"Stef, you are sooooo pretty. Lena is sooooo lucky!! Oh my god is she lucky! When did you get so beautiful? No, wait, you were always beautiful. And I still have such a crush on you. Do you know???" She said nuzzling her nose even more into Stef's neck as the blonde gently pulled her off.

"Ok love, come, rest some and let me get you some water, ok?"

"Ohhh but I'm fine! Stay with me! Lay next to me!..Take...take a bath with me...please...we can be naked again. Remember all the times we were!"