Arrives

LENA POV

"So, honey, you can put your things in Callie and Frankie's room." I say to Stefanie as she and Stef had just got back from the airport.

I can already see the tension in the house has gone up a few octaves as Frankie stands in the kitchen against the counter with her arms crossed. Corey has been a tad more polite, but Callie has not even come out of her room. They are all rather annoyed even if we spoke to them and hoped they would behave.

"Would you like something to eat? Dinner is soon, but you can have a snack. We have pretzels, nuts, oranges. You name it. Oh, and I did get apple juice since I know you love it for breakfast," I smile warmly as I see out of the corner of my eye, Stef walk into the kitchen and light a smoke.

"I'm fine, thank you. I'll just take this in the room." Stefanie is more polite than I would have expected, and I move to wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tightly.

"Of course." I say as her eyes go to my fiance before the young teen walks off.

I sigh as I run my hand over the back of the nearest kitchen chair. "Everything okay, love? Are you hungry?"

"Yes, baby. Thank you,"Stef props her feet up on the chair next to her as she puffs her smoke.

"You sure? That everything is okay?"

"Yes, my love," Stef smiles softly as she tries to hide her frustration, but the fact that she's already on her second cigarette tells me differently, and I sit beside her at the table.

I run my hand over her back. "Sweetie, I'm not dumb by any means. Talk to me, love."

"I'm already going to kill her." She whispers to me.

"Did you two fight already on the way here?" I ask as she takes a puff of her smoke and running her fingers through her short hair.

"No. But she's just got, the damn attitude. That's all and it makes me nuts. I miss that little girl she was Lena. I really do miss her and what we had. Sometimes it just hurts, babe. It really does."

"I know, baby. I know it hurts. But all we can do is just one day at a time. Ok? And just like with Frankie she will come around. It might take longer and it will take a lot of tough love from all of us. She knows you love her."

"I don't know, Len."

"She does. And eventually we will drop the bomb." I whisper as she lets out a sigh getting up and stirring the pasta sauce I was making to freeze for a later meal.

"Yeah, I know. That should go over well." She says sarcastically and rolling her eyes continuing to stir the sauce.

"MM maybe not. But until then we can decorate tonight? I think it's a good thing for us to do together with her. Plus we probably need to check in with Tess and Jerry."

"Sure, sounds good, babe.

"You don't need to leave your room! I'll sleep somewhere else, Callie. Look I'm sorry!" We suddenly hear and both Stef and I step out into the hallway seeing Callie with her pillow and comforter and Stefanie pleading in front of her.

"I will! The room is all yours!"

"I'm sorry! I really am, Callie! Please!"

"What is going on?" Stef asks as we both look confused at the two girls wondering what was going on.

"I'm sleeping in your room on the floor with Frankie. Stefanie can have our room since she thinks you're a dyke, Mama."

"I said I was sorry, Callie. I am." Stefanie pleads.