Roses & Lovin'

"You have fun at the fireworks, Franks?" Callie asks the young teen as the three had just gotten back from the festivities. The entire train ride home Frankie had been very quiet and if Lena was honest she was a little nervous about what could be wrong. It wasn't that Frankie was sassy or rude or back to her old ways but she was usually very talkative. In her eyes Lena was well aware her daughter was worried about Stef so she attributed her mood to that. But maybe it was something else. But what?

"It was good. Yea. Just crowded." The girls says throwing her pj's on as Callie flips the window fan on again for it was yet another hot and humid night. Any relief was good but it looked as if this heatwave was not letting up.

"You ok? You have been super quiet."

"Yeah. Just hot." She says shrugging it off and avoiding Callie's eyes as her back is turned. Of course by this time Callie knew Frankie pretty well as she walks over to her bed and taking a seat.  Ever since the young teen had come to New York she had changed dramatically. She had changed in ways no one ever predicted and Callie was very proud of her. She knew Frankie was sweet deep down but that her issues plagued her. Especially in regards to her late father.

"Franks, you know I know you. What's up? You know you can talk to me." Callie always had a soothing tone with the young girl for she was very much aware that sometimes she hid things and stored them up. She was very similar to her mom in that way and it sometimes took a bit to get it out and open up.

"It's dumb."

"It's really not, Franks. I promise you it's not dumb. What is it? Was it too crowded tonight?"

"Well, I'm not sure. It just felt like a lot and...and it was like that...that one time back home."

"When you panicked?"

"Yeah. It's dumb and weak." Feeling frustrated Frankie tries to look away as the tears begin to stream down her face and Callie pats the seat next to her.

"Come, sit, Franks," she says softly. Sitting beside the older girl Callie holds her hand rubbing it. "Franks, you are not weak. You're just not, little sis. You are an amazing young girl who has come so far in the last few months. Do you know this?"

"No." She shrugs as Callie wipes her tears.

"You have. You have grown, matured and look at you and my mom! You are like super close now. Did you ever think that would happen?" Callie asks laughing as Frankie cracks a small smile." I mean you pretty much hated her."

"No." She grins. "She's my favorite and I love her so much."

"I know it. But listen, don't be so hard on yourself. I think you should tell Mamas what's going on. Don't you? They can help."

"I don't want to bother them."

"You definitely are not."

"They...Stef..." Frankie wipes her eyes as she sniffles. "Sorry. I'm trying to...to stop crying. But I'm so worried."

Callie scoots over and lays her head on Frankie's shoulder as she squeezes the younger girl's hand. "You and me, both, sis. I'm worried, too." Silence falls between them for a bit before Callie sits up. "But I'm telling you it will be ok and if Luisa shows her face again, I'm not playing. I'm really not. Like, why would she dare to come and find Mom now? I don't fucking get it!"

"Ya me, either. I never liked her," Frankie laughs softly. "Did Stef love her?"

"She did but not as much as she loves Lena. I mean now that I think about it."

"She always loved my Mama?"

"I think so. I think they are soulmates, and have been ever since they met on that army base."