Chapter 20

Third Person's POV

The both of them stood hugging in the middle of the hallway.

The cold and broken Jungkook, was breaking his walls down infront of someone else.

Someone he had not met a long time ago but shared a deep connection.

"Please, don't say anything just... hold me." He told her.

And she did.

She was not a strong girl, but she did hold on to him.

Slowly, both of them walked inside Jungkook's room.

They sat on the bed and he put his head on her shoulder.

"If you need to cry... then cry." She sighed and he did.

A grown man, broke down infront of her.

She was shocked, didn't know what to do, but went with her instinct.

"I know I am the last person in the world to give you inspirational words." She started out, "But know that I am here to listen to you. It's all I can do."

She was too broken herself, how could she help him.

"Why would she leave me?" He cried.

Souline's POV

"If only she had told me her problems... If only I knew, I would protect her." He sobbed.

"It wasn't your fault." I said, my eyes tearing up.

"Yes it was. If I was there for her then she would be alive right now." He broke down.

"Shhhh... hey, listen to me. It wasn't your fault."

"It wasn't your fault." I whispered teary eyed.

My hands on either side of his face.

"You can't blame yourself for this." I spoke softly.

"I am such a disappointment. I should have been the one to die..."

"No, shhhh." I shushed him.

I didn't know where this whole courage or closeness was coming from.

Maybe because I tend to blame myself a lot.

Maybe because I wish I died too.

Maybe...

just maybe...

In a way I see myself when I look at him.

I wanted to be there for him the way I wanted someone to be there for me.

"Don't blame yourself because Jisoo wouldn't want that... She would want you to be happy."

He looked up at me.

"Jisoo, made a decision. You have to respect that, no matter how hard it is. But please don't blame yourself. You are not a disappointment."

I grabbed his hands.

"I hope that one day you are going to find the acceptance you need. The kind that quiets the voice inside of you telling you are a disappointment. I hope you learn to let go."

"You are not alone. You have so many people that love you and look up to you. Jongin being one of them."

"I saw the way he looks at you. It was like looking at the best superhero in the world. You are his role model. Jisoo left him in good hands."

"How is it that I feel so much better listening to you, talking to you?" He whispered.

"When you are feeling most depressed in life, you want someone to understand and be there for you. Maybe it's because I understand you." I trailed off before continuing, "I'm a mess too."

"Then..." he trailed off before looking into my eyes, "Let's clean each other up, of all the sadness and depression."

Third person's POV

It was so beautiful.

Not their sadness...

but...

their willingness to help each other...

Two broken people...

trying their best...

to heal each other.

(End of chapter 20.)