Axel joins work lunch.

At first, Karl was stunned upon seeing me on the entrance of the lecture hall, but he gained his composure rather quickly.

"H-Hey!" the guy said, raising his free hand on the air for a high-five. "How've you been?"

"Yeah, I've been good," I replied, meeting his hand.

It's weird how a high-five could feel nostalgic and alienating at the same time.

"Wanna grab some coffee?" I asked.

He never had the chance to reply as we were greeted by students in the org tambayans. One student even gave a high-five to him.  And then, he said, "Don't forget to turn in your exercises!"

"Why would you remind that, sir?" the student said jokingly.

The students waved their hands as we continued to walk. 

"Students like you, huh?" I commented.

"Surprisingly. That gave me validation for teaching."

His eyes were fixated on the floor. He looked at his students. He even winked at one. But he never glanced on my direction.

"And you really became a professor, huh?"

"Well, I didn't have a choice," he said, "or maybe I did have a choice and this is mine."

"Have you graduated from your Masters degree?" I continued the conversation.

"Ugh. Not yet," he answered. "I'm on my last units for thesis and I've been dying to finish it already."

As we went to the faculty rooms, we stopped by C-114. 

"Wait here for a moment."

I put my phone out to check my messages. I laid my back on the wall next to the door. I could hear snippets of the conversation inside.

"...yeah, and he's here!" It was Karl's voice.

"What would you do then?" A female voice that I don't recognize.

"He asked if we could grab some coffee--"

"SAY YES!"

"I can't--"

I couldn't pinpoint the voices well because they were a mix of the different voices of the faculty members inside.

"C'mon, it's just coffee--"

"--it's not just coffee!"

"I'm telling you, girl, don't give any meaning if it's not deliberately stated."

"That's what I've been telling you for the past five years!"

The door next to C-114 opened, and a familiar figure went out of the room. The guy had a long, wavy hair similar to the popular Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden. He had thick, blue glasses. His signature look was his black UP bomber jacket and his custom-designed lanyard.

"Axel, is that you?"

I immediately jumped in for a hug. "Sir Gabe! It's been a while!"

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Well, it's a long story," I replied, "I just wanted some fresh air."

"This is too far for just fresh air." He smirked. "Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yeah, Karl's inside the faculty room."

"Now wait here for a moment."

He entered C-114 with a loud shout: "What's the commotion here all about?"