Karl drinks a Slurpee.

We went to the Student Union Building after our breakfast for our Guidance Instruction class. I heard from reading posts from our seniors that's it's okay to skip GI. I, for one, was not fond on forced social interactions.

The Student Union Building houses the Office of Student Affairs for student concerns, such as the STFAP (Student Tuition and Financial Assistance Program), Student Loans, Scholarships, and others. The first floor had long tables and monobloc chairs for students to sit, relax, and eat at the different booths. 

Axel and I sat on the chairs in the 7-eleven at the left side of the building. It was a normal, albeit messy, convenience store. We both bought Slurpees--I bought the 5-peso Slurpee (Blue Raspberry), he bought the 16 mL one (Wild Cherry). This wasn't very breakfast-y, but let's just say yes to rebelling against normal food. 

I was excited for our first GI class. Guidance Instuction is the class where members of a bloc will meet once a week to discuss things about the university, just to guide freshmen on their first steps in their college life. I've met my blocmates two times--first, on the freshmen Campus Tour and on the AlmOSAlan, an opening program with organizations offering different breakfast staples and different stationery (1/4 pads, bluebooks, pens), to promote their org.

"Why haven't I seen you on both, then?" I asked Axel. We sat on the tables provided on the Student Union Building.

"My friends and I toured the campus already with our senior before," Axel replied. "And I woke up late for AlmOSAlan. The time I woke up, it was already finished."

"I should've guessed that."

"Did you go to both?"

I nodded. "It was fun."

"You don't sound enthusiastic."

"It's because I wasn't."

Axel and I were killing time before our class. So far, time has been running its peak slowest. The last time it was this slow was my 4th Year English Test. It was dragging.

"Tell me a story," Axel whispered.

"What?"

"I said, tell me a story."

"What story?"

"Your high school friends?"

"They're the coolest bunch."

"C'mon, give me something."

"What do you want me to talk about? Specifically?"

"You're not good at this, y'know." He signaled both his index fingers. "In talking."

"Nope. I'm a good listener though."

"Doesn't saying that contradict reality?"

"What do you mean?"

Axel sipped from his Slurpee. "When other guys proclaim that they're nice guys, they're usually assholes."

"Maybe they have a different meaning about being nice."

"Then they should get a new dictionary then."

I gulped the rest of my drink. "But my friends do tell me that I'm a good listener."

"How come?"

"I don't know, I just come to a point where I could understand their worries and I console them as much as I can."

"Ah, so you're that kind of guy."

"What?"

"The nice guy."

"So that means that's your definition of being nice."

"Hm, pretty much."

"You? How do your friends see you?"

He raked his fingers through his hair. "The handsome one?"

I scoffed. "You're really oozing with confidence, huh?"

"No, I mean it! Most of the girls in our high school campus has or had a crush on me."

I coughed a little bit and bit my lower lip. I had to hold my stomach to prevent myself from spilling out my contained laughter. "Are you really serious about that?"

"Yes, I am!"

"Almost your whole school had a crush on you?"

"Back in February, I received the most letters and chocolates than any other male student in campus. Combined."

I slapped the back of his hand. "Okay, you need to stop before I vomit all the Slurpees that I've drank."

"Why is it so funny? I'm telling the truth!"

"If you say so." I smirked. I carried my bag and stood up. "Let's go, I don't want to be late."

"Fine. And I'm telling you, someone will have a crush on me at the end of the class."

I looked back at him and gave him a shrug. "Don't know about that."