Axel goes to a night market.

Karla and I worked side by side for hours--she was writing some documents while I review more codes so I could focus on meetings next week--until we felt the need to eat. None of us was in the right mood to cook, so we agreed on fast-food delivery.

She liked burgers, and I loved fries, so we chose Burger King. Our order came after thirty minutes, and I went to get it from the front lobby. She insisted that I bring an eco-bag so I could easily carry our food.

After getting our order, my phone buzzed--Paula was calling. I answered it immediately.

"Yes?" I greeted. 

"You free tonight?"

"Hmm, I'm with someone right now."

"Is that Karl?"

"No," I told her. "I'm dating someone. I told you about this."

"Right. Karla."

"Hey, she's nice," I defended. "Like, really nice."

I walked towards the elevator with my ecobag on hand and pressed my floor number.

Suddenly, Paula's voice shifted from being jolly to a serious tone. "Can we talk? Like, serious talk?"

"What's it all about?"

"I'll tell you about it later."

"Fine. You better tell it to me in detail."

She sighed. "Can I also crash at your place later?"

"You know Karla's on my place, right?"

"Has it always been flings above friends for you all the time?" She raised her voice, and my voice immediately turned into a scowl.

"Woah," I took a step back. "What's with that?"

"Sorry. I'm on the edge recently." She heaved a heavy sigh. "Stress."

"Are you really that troubled?"

She didn't say anything.

"Alright, I'll take Karla home first, then I'll fetch you in front of your condo. Where do you want to go?"

"Somewhere with a crowd, please."

The elevator dinged, and I stepped out. "You better explain this to me later."

"I will."

-

I was afraid that Karla wouldn't understand, but as soon as I explained it to her in detail, she was cooperative and helpful, albeit a little intimidated by Paula and I's intimimacy. She shot me a couple of glares while I was explaining to her what happened.

"Let me be clear again, you and Paula were a thing together?" she asked. She crossed her arms and shot me a terrifying glare.

"Y-Yes. But we didn't come to a point that we're official," I cleared it up. "And we're just really close friends now."

"How close?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not friends with benefits, right?"

I suddenly slammed the table. "Ew, no!"

"Jeez. Relax." She raised both of her hands. "Alright, I believe you."

I cleaned my apartment while she took a bath, trying to fix my shit together for once. I wore one of my classic white polo shirt and a beach short to be comfortable later with Paula.