Axel asks for advice.

I arrived at my workplace later than usual. I had to drag myself to shower and drive, but I would rather go back to my bed and let myself fall asleep a little longer. I even wore one of my worn-out polos from college that I only use when all of my clothes are in the laundry.

Migs, who was just promoted as another Senior Developer, was waiting for me at my cubicle. His tummy was almost bursting out of his lime green polo. 

He greeted me with a question. "What took you so long?"

"Good morning to you, too," I said.

"I got you a tuna sandwich." He handed me a tupperware with three triangles of sandwich inside. "My wife said that you should be at the baptism of our child."

"Really? When?"

"Next month."

He grabbed his jacket and we walked out of the building to get our morning coffee. I couldn't help but to squint my eyes and rub my forehead. Migs looked at me with worry on his eyes.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just didn't get enough sleep."

"You know, you're like that for the past week," he noticed. I gulped. "You need to tell me what's going on."

"This is nothing," I tried to be reassuring, but his worry was still evident on his face.

When we entered Starbucks, I noticed one of our Junior Developers, Macky, was eating with another man in a table near the counter. He was one of the Junior Devs who had so much potential to learn, plus a very efficient co-worker. Migs and I waved to him, and he and his companion waved and bowed their heads at us.

We ordered our usual order, gave my tumbler, and sat on the empty sofa. 

MIgs began chatting about his child and how they spent all-night trying to calm her down. But, when he noticed that I wasn't paying attention, he stopped and said to me, "Axel, you're really worrying me. Do you need to rest today or something?"

"I'm fine," I said. "Just had a nightmare earlier."

"That's tough," he replied. Good thing that he didn't ask what was it about.

"I have a question though..." I put my head closer to him so he could hear me clearly. "One of my friends needs an advice."

"Okay, what's it about?"

The barista delivered our drinks, and he sipped his coffee with delight.

"So, here's the thing--" I began, then sipping my cup of coffee "--my friend and I went to a reunion 2 weeks ago."

"I saw in the pictures," he commented. "Continue."

"And then, my friend saw his old best friend from college," I continued. "It was the first time he saw my friend after graduation."

"When did you graduate?"

"2016."

"Oof. That was long. And then?"

"At first, they weren't speaking, but then they got drunk, yada yada yada, and then they kissed."

"They what--?"

"I know, I know. He's a bit stupid. But the weird thing is, his best friend acted like nothing happened to them and they went back to not talking again."

"Weird."

"Yeah." I sipped my coffee, took a bite of the sandwich, and continued, "And what's weird was the best friend liked the kiss."