Karl has a plan.

If there is one word to fully describe my second year in college, the almost-perfect word would be chaotic. And even that did not fully encapsulate what I had been through. As much as I enjoyed my second semester as a freshman in UP, that was the total opposite of being a sophomore. 

We had to move out of the UP dormitory because that dorm only caters freshmen. Since we're not anymore, my roommates and I decided to still be together and find an apartment that was near the university. Luckily we found one at Ilag's Compound, which was still inside the campus near the Math building.

But that meant extra funds to cover for my living expenses. My DOST allowance covered all my expenses last semester, but to add more would be living in a tight budget. Even though my mother occasionally gives me allowance, but I kept on refusing because they, too, didn't have that much money. I was pretty sure that they gave me some so I wouldn't be too burdened while living alone in the university.

I could leech off to Axel... but even that seemed a wrong thing to do. As much as I could, I tried to refuse whenever he was treating me food as long as I had spare money in my pocket (that happened rarely). And he was extra annoying when he insists that he even went to a certain extent that he would snatch my wallet and return it after we ate and he already paid.

Plus, there was the added fact that I was a Computer Science student. Although owning a personal laptop wasn't necessary, that was still a benefit so I could do more things. Last semester, when I was practicing for our introductory course in CMSC, I would hang out at the basement of the library where there are free computers to use. The only drawback was that the library closes at 8.

So, I had to sacrifice some of my time to make our project during the end of the semester. Axel also lent me his laptop that I could use, since he had his own personal computer at his apartment but in one condition--I would stay overnight.

Ugh. I hate it when he hugs me. Slightly. Oh, who am I kidding? It was the best feeling when I woke up next to him and I had the chance to make fun of his face.

So, I made a whole gameplan the next summer.

* Apply as a Student Assistant to cover for my apartment bills and other living expenses;

* Apply as a tutor in the university and save enough money to buy a laptop;

* Make new friends, and have fun!

I added some more, but that became a bucketlist, so I transferred those to another plan.

"So you're saying that you won't join any organization?" Axel asked, while we were eating at Beeyanka's for breakfast. I explained to him on my plan for this semester, and judging by his reaction, he wasn't pleased.

"Nope," I answered. "Don't have time for that."

"C'mon, Candace and Marvin are all in for this."

"I just don't feel it yet," I defended. I ate a spoonful of rice and continued, "No offense to you all."

We even attended that org's orientation (them - for recruitment; me - for free dinner; yes, we have different priorities). I didn't feel the sense of belongingness in the core group. And I was focused on earning money so I could continue to support myself.

"And I won't change your mind?"

"Nope."

"As in?"

"Don't be stupid. Even you can't change my mind about this."

I dropped the conversation. I didn't want to talk about this in the first place.

"So, did you have your partner at CMSC 57?" Axel began speaking again. He was always like this when I suddenly go quiet. Sometimes, I didn't want to answer him. Sometimes, I just don't have an output for anything he says.