Axel sings at the reception!

The drive going to Batangas was fun at first, but it slowly died out as the four of them were exhausted after singing and putting their hands up with the songs. Paula's playlist never failed--she handpicked the songs normally played in KTV, plus a couple pop songs here and then. 

I was delighted to see Karl comfortable again. We were complete once again, after almost a year since our reunion. We were in another roadtrip after almost six years. These memories never get old.

Karl had fallen asleep again, leaning next to the window while his hair was swept up by the wind. 

I disconnected Paula's phone from the speakers and I played on my phone. I chose Taylor Swift's sad songs playlist. I saw Karl had a slightest smile on his lips when he heard the familiar melody of All Too Well

I woke them up when my GPS told me that I was ten minutes away from the venue. Paula got her retouch kit to freshen herself and Candace before going down. 

When we arrived at the venue for the reception, it was already past 4PM.  

We were welcomed by almost everyone who were invited as soon as we arrived at the front of the hotel. They were already wearing their beach outfits--multicolored floral polos and flowy dresses. The bellboys were in the aisle and opened the door for us.

Paula and Karl were the first to come out, then they escorted Candace and Marvin. They were all sprinkled with rose petals and rice while walking. I gave my keys to the bellboys and helped them as I unloaded our luggage.  

I called Macky if they had already arrived in the hotel. His boyfriend, Ethan, answered. Macky and Migs were playing in the beach, while he and Migs's wife was chilling at the counter drinking Piña Coladas.

I walked with Karl and Paula inside the hotel. I invited the both of them to drop by at the bar first, but Karl refused since he had to meet Sir Gabe and the others. As soon as we saw Sir Gabe, we let him take off.

When we arrived at the bar at the beach, Migs and Macky were already seated with their partners. Their naked upper bodies were wet and covered with sand. They shared the piña coladas.

As soon as they noticed me, I waved to their direction.

I introduced Paula to them after we ordered a glass of margarita each. I told them my plan for later, and Migs's wife couldn't stop giggling like a young girl.

"I think it's sweet," Migs said.

Macky agreed. "What time will the program start?"

I looked at the time from my phone. "About an hour from now. Candace and Marvin are just getting shots in the beach before they change clothes."

"Alright, we're gonna prepare in the meantime." Migs tapped my shoulder. "I hope this goes well."

I smiled at him. "I hope so too."

 Before Paula could get her second drink, we stormed off and changed our attires.

-

Paula and Karl helped in the registration of guests, while our band prepared our instruments and did the sound check. Good thing that Ethan wasn't too drunk, unlike Migs's wife that was still on the bar, waiting for everything to settle down so she could watch her husband play their song before retiring to their suite.

The reception was on the beach near the row of palm trees, with lanterns hooked in a line to the entrance. The whole area designated for us had fairy lights in a zigzag pattern overhead of us.