Axel gives a ride.

Was I a bad person if I didn't feel remorse after letting Karla go?

Trust me, I felt relieved that she walked away from a mess like me. She deserved better. She deserved someone who would give her that much emotions and effort. Never settle for less.

The lesser person was me. Good thing she escaped an asshole like me who couldn't keep his mind and decisions straight.

I tried to focus on my work the next few days. The only thing that kept me sane was the gorgeous Christmas displays scattered across Makati. Something about the Yuletide season that always lifted my mood, as if it tells me to be happy even if there isn't a reason to be.

When December came, I didn't expect to receive a text message from Paula when I was in work.

Let's call a truce. Give me a ride around Makati & Mandaluyong area this weekend. I'll cover the gas. I'm still mad at you bitch

A smile formed in my lips.

Sure, should I fetch you on your condo?

No, let's meet at Light Mall

Okay. See you

./.

I laughed, then I concentrated on my work. At least, that was a step forward to me.

-

I arrived at Light Mall during lunch wearing a white v-neck shirt and denim shorts earlier to eat my first meal of the day. I enjoyed the interior design in Bo's Coffee and a breakfast meal paired with Latte. I was rewatching episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. that I stored on my phone.

When Paula arrived, she didn't talk to me and focused on her phone. She was wearing an oversized maroon shirt and knee-length shorts, paired with her big, round sunglasses and baseball cap.

Even when we walked towards my car in the parking lot, her mouth was shut. She shot me sharp looks whenever I look at her.

I buckled my seatbelt. "So, where are we going first?"

I was surprised when she answered, "Around Ortigas first."

"What are we doing, exactly?"

"Looking for a new apartment," Paula clarified. "I'm moving on, unlike you."

She scoffed, and kicked her leg on the car. She released her shoes and raised her feet on the seat.

I let my phone play in shuffle.

I took turns around while letting Paula direct me to our destination. We entered a parking lot in an condominium in Pasig.

I joined Paula in the elevator to the lobby as we waited for a woman to tour us around. I was impressed with the condominium that she toured us around, but the price wasn't pretty. 

We toured around Mandaluyong and Pasig for potential apartments and condominiums, but I worried that she would struggle on commute. Even her daily commute for Boni to Makati was horrible that she goes on a warrior-mode every time she would ride a bus or train.

After two hours and eight possible apartments, we went to Makati only to be stuck in a mild traffic.

She still wasn't speaking. Her eyes scanned the road or shifted to her phone where she would chat or watch a YouTube video. She purposely increased the volume to irritate me.

I would just shake my head and focused on driving wherever.

We mostly went for apartments around Makati. We drove around San Antonio, Pembo, Legazpi Village, and even in Bel-Air. Parking was a whole problem, but we managed to work it around the places that we looked at.